Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #57

[QUOTE=twinboat;2511890]Hey, went to the Dry Tortugas last week.

Left the Trawler in Key West and took the ferry. Didn't want to get stuck, out there.

We boat 7 months, RV for 5.[/QUOTE

That is the life. I would love to be able to do that. Not quite in the budget.

I keep thinking i can find a sailboat owner in florida somewhere who is willing split time. I get the boat say oct or nov to march-apr and then i get the rv back for summer to roam around North America while they get to dodge hurricanes and afternoon storms and hot hot hot till time to change back in oct or nov. Suprise, I can not find that deal.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #58

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
Mine was sailboats.

Aha! That is where you picked up your aversion to propane! Propane on boats is no good.

Just ribbing ya JB, sounds like you got some good tips for routing inverter AC to your fridge.

I think perhaps manufacturers don't do this is that every time the inverter is on the fridge would default to AC and drain the batteries (when boondocking).
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #59

You will find that the ice maker plug runs off the inverter or else you could not make ice when running on propane, the Ice maker needs 120v to operate. and it is not on the same 120v circuit as the refrigerator.
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Hi Lori! See you in Decater!
jbrv, your gen can run your roof ac, water heater, fridge and coffee pot for about 1/2gallon per hour..............that is pretty efficient since gas is around $2.50 a gallon. We use our gen a lot when traveling.
I ran my fridge off my inverter when we went coast to coast once trying to save on propane, boy was I stupid! Smoked a $400.oo alternator!
Completely overlooked post. Good info.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #61

It can be done but not as easy as I would like.

I found the outlet for the fridge and ice maker. Neither run off inverter.

The fridge will run off the inverter. I ran an extension cord from a outlet that is powered by the inverter to the fridge and tested it and it was fine for the short 15 min test i had time for today.

I think I could find the wires that go to the inside tv or the outside tv outlet that is powered by the inverter, splice off that, run that to the fridge outlet with a switch of some type that lets me manually change that outlet to run off either inverter or shore/gennie power.

I am leaning towards that being a future project if I decide it is worth doing.

LED light install was easy the new bulbs fit right in where the old halogen were in those little light fixtures all over the roof inside. 1 bad bulb out of 10. considering the price of less than a buck per bulb that is ok with me. Thanks for all the input yall

source for the cheap led lights I was worried about them ever showing up or working considering the source. They did finally show up about 4 weeks after I placed the order..............High quality Dimmable G4 Led 12V 24 Leds 3014 Chip Silicon Lamp DC12V Crystal Corn Light 3W Bulb Lighting 20Pcs/Lot-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge