Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #1

Front Light, windshield washer fluid not working

Hey guys!

I have a 2010 American Coach Tradition 45y. I recently took it for a ride after months under the snow and I discovered that my right front headlight doesn't work and my windshield fluid won't come out.

So my left headlight still works and my windshield fluid motor seems to work too, but nothing comes out. I read in many posts that this could be due to a malfunction of something called the smart wheel or the decoder.

Does anyone had the same problem? And does anyone know where can I find this smart wheel or smart wheel decoder on my 2010 tradition 45y?

Thanks!
Marc135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #2

I don't claim to be a smart wheel expert, although I did recently have to replace mine. I would be surprised that based on your description that your problem is related to the smart wheel controller. I am not familiar with your coach but I would be surprised if the controller would control the headlights seperately. Have you tested for voltge at the non-working light? If you don't have a tester light you could move the working bulb over to the non-working side to narrow down your problem. If the pump motor is running you probably have a blockage on one side or the other of the pump motor. I would start by disconnecting the spray hose at the motor and then operate pump to see if it sprays. If it doesn't spray I would then check the supply side. Hope this gives you some starting points. The smart wheel is produced by vehicle improvement products and they did have diagnostic help on their site but once again it doesn't (IMHO) sound like that is your problem.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:51 AM   #3

Also to answer your question on the location of the controller. I would expect it to be in the "run bay", same outside compartment that houses alot of your fuses & connections. usually located on the drivers side at the front of the coach. May be labeled VIP, Vehicle Improvement Products, or smart wheel or any combination of these

Tags
fluid, light, wind, windshield