RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
I'm thinking I will use fiberglass, unless someone has a better idea. It is not attached to the cap.
So your cabinet's not attached to the cap? Does it just free float?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Somewhere there is an attachment to the nose, mine has strapping and I'm sure it is attached elsewhere to the frame.
I still do not have my problem resolved and Fleetwood will not release the structural prints to me, at least that is what one of the call takers tells me.
I will be trying to get directly in touch with their Engineering department, I did that once before under the old Fleetwood and was successful in getting my request taken care of.
Call Takers have all the Canned Answers....

Tincup,
Quote:
Mine wasn't as bad as yours, I was able to remove the screws one at a time and stuck wood match sticks soaked in Elmers glue into the hole. Give it a few minutes to firm up and replace the screw, I did that two years ago and it hasn't budged since.
What is there above that, I can't believe the thin ceiling material and insulation is holding that? Something real solid has got to be up there.

I would really like to see the roof structure prints on my coach!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great discussion but my Tiffin Allegro Openroad has no visible way to remove the old crt tv in front of the coach. Any suggestions as to how to begin this upgrade?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
RovinOn.. Did you try the oversized screw thingy? Could also just have been trim attachment (closed the gap) and really was just into the 1/8" ceiling panel with no backer.. the cheap way is the way it seems nowadays...
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Miodniteoyl I assume it is attached too an aluminum rib that the endcap would also be attached to, it is also attached on the sides. The endcap is a thin piece of fiberglass, I don't think you would want to attach anything to it.

Bobberino there has to be a way, see if you can move the TV back from the frame any at all, there may be an "L" bracket, thats how it is on my Pace.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks P&L
Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When replacing the TV to an LCD inside your overhead cabinet make sure the new LCD has the speakers on the front of the TV. Most LCD TV's now have the speakers on the bottom so if you place the TV inside the cabinet the TV would be sitting on the speakers. When I replaced mine last month I could only fine two makes at Best Buy with speakers on front.
Paul and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Paul and Sue your 2004 37C should have a surround sound system. I use the surround sound system not the TV speakers, sounds much better. Mine is also a 2004 37C.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution that had a 27" Panasonic TV. When I drove the motorhome I had a terrible squeeking noise from the TV area. After pulling the TV out 5 times and checking for areas where the cabinet or etc. could be rubbing against wood, metal or etc. I Changed out the TV for a Vizio 32" flat screen FHDTV. Guess what!!! no more squeeks. The problem was with the 5 inch pannel that is installed on the sides and the top of the TV. Plastic against Plastic that was a manufacture's defect.
okie-dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Paul and Sue your 2004 37C should have a surround sound system. I use the surround sound system not the TV speakers, sounds much better. Mine is also a 2004 37C.
I don't want to change the directions of this thread, but I never could get the tv to play through the surround sound just the surround sound to the TV. What do you need to do to get the TV sound to go back through the surround sound. If it is long PM me.

Thanks
Paul
Paul and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's been so long that I don't remember how it was originally. The panasonic surround system does not have HDMI (2004). You will use component cables (red and white) and just hook the TV audio out to an input on the sound system. When you want to watch TV just select that input on the sound system.

Tags
bounder