Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2014, 05:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Glad to see they changed that. Can you operate it while driving ?
I also have a 2014 Bounder and the front shade will operate both with and without the engine running. The shade has an engine sense wire that is supplied 12V when the engine is running. When 12V is present on the sense wire the shade will only lower enough to act as a sun visor before hitting the lower limit. When the engine is off and 12V is no longer present on the sense wire the shade will lower all the way down to the dash or its limit setting. There are two down position limits that was set at the factory but can be changed by using the "learn" micro switch. My shade (MCD) has a wire dangling down about 6 inches on the left side of the shade with a micro switch (learning key as the instructions state) attached. I may try resetting the "sun visor" limit to a slightly lower position.
rscott1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks. I see FW has gone to MCD. My 08 had Auto Motion

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
My 2014 bounder does not need the key on or in access. position to raise or lower it.
We were at an FMA Rally a few years ago and there was a Fleetwood factory rep there who spent a lot of time talking to various owners. I took him into our Bounder and showed him a list of issues I had with their designs, including the fact that the factory sun visors were impossible to use when driving. He gave me his business card and asked me to send him an email with my list of issues and he would talk to their design engineers.

From what I've seen on the newer models, and what I've heard from owners, I'm glad to see that my email may have, in some small way, influenced their newer designs!
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
I spoke to a dealer yesterday and he said that as far as he new for the last 4 years at least MCD was installing all front sun shades with an automatic safety stop while the engine key was on. I asked him if I could change the stopping point and his response was if I want to take it apart I could. So when they install the shade i will be in attendance so it is low enough for me. I'm only 5'8" tall.

TeJay
Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I spoke to a dealer yesterday and he said that as far as he new for the last 4 years at least MCD was installing all front sun shades with an automatic safety stop while the engine key was on. I asked him if I could change the stopping point and his response was if I want to take it apart I could. So when they install the shade i will be in attendance so it is low enough for me. I'm only 5'8" tall.

TeJay
TeJay,
MCD shades can be reprogrammed after they are installed without taking the shades apart. If you will call the factory, we will email you a set of instructions. You should also get an owner's manual with your new shade, which has the directions. 800-804-1757
Old 04-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #20

Bounder front window blind

I came across the discussion on window blinds when I googled for the location of the fuse for the window blind. Does anybody know the location of the fuse for the window blind in the 2009 Bounder.
Thanks for your help
Edmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Peggy,
Thanks for the information. I do have a question. I have programed the shades to stop as designed. I actually did it a couple of times because for some reason it did not always work.

Soooo the last time I did it I decided to not stop the shade from coming down all the way while driving. Maybe that's not what should be done but if I'm in control of the shade position I can lower it myself and stop it myself. There may be a time when a stopped set position is not low enough. The sun is rising over the crest of a hill as you are coming up that hill. You don't want to be blinded so you lower it another inch or two until you crest the hill and can again raise the blind some. This does not happen very often but once is enough.

My question is. I do understand the reason for having the set stop for the shade (vision safety). Other than the( lawyer) issue could something possible mess up and the blind would not stop if I took my finger off the control button??? If I don't have the stop set could there be a time when the shade would not stop and until I could physically raise the blind to see to drive my vision would be obstructed?? And how likely is something like that going to happen.

My personal, educated belief is it's electrical and anything could happen no matter if the sun block shade is set to stop or go all the way to the bottom. Has an MCD shade install ever gone all the way to the bottom when the toggle switch is just pressed once??? A defective toggle switch shade control is the only reason a shade could malfunction. You can PM the answer if you want to.

Thanks,
TeJay

Tags
window