RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #1

Furnace and other issues

just purchased 92 pace arrow. The furnace doesn't do anything when I turn thermostat on and up. This unit has not been used for some time. With some cleaning and adjustment I was able to get the water heater going and the stove/oven if I match light it. I dont see any type of shut off switch. Any suggestions where to start? I do hear thermostat click when I raise the temp.
jh92pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #2

Do you know what kind of thermostat you have? The older style had a bi metal spring with a set of contacts that closed when you asked for heat. The contacts could become corroded and not allow the voltage to start the furnace.
So, can you identify the kind of furnace and thermostat you have? Better suggestions will flow that way.
Vintage Iron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:01 PM   #3

If they are suburban furnaces go on line to the Suburban site for a troubleshooting guide. Don't know about other brands. They are really pretty simple.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #4

The furnac is a hydro flame. I'm getting the furnace to fire intermittently now. The thermostat appears to be working properly, as it always kicks the fan on.
jh92pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #5

Hydroflame is a great furnace when PROPERLY maintained. I had two of them in my prior 93 Pace Arrow Diesel. RV furnaces have no filters so they tend to suck anything and everything thru them.

I ended up installing burner that was rusted out preventing it from properly igniting. Also cleaned the squirrel cage blower, replace the electrode and sail switch. Fired up first time, every time. Do it right the first time.

Check out this site for parts, prices. https://pdxrvwholesale.com/
They have tune up kits as well. Do the same for your hot water heater.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace