RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
How full are your propane tanks and what is the outside temperature? If your not full and it's cold there may not be enough vapor pressure in the tanks to run the furnace. There was a pretty good chart in the Fleetwood Bounder manual in the propane section that explains this much better than I can.
We were thinking the same thing and switched to the main tank that was full and it still did it.
steveh1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #16

As the coach only came with one propane tank I'm assuming you have installed an extend a stay kit or something similar. I have an extend a stay on this coach, it's much easier to refill a portable tank then drive the coach to a propane dealer to refill.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh1855 View Post
The blower does shut down once it get to temp but the burner shuts off while it is getting to temp.
Mine has always responded in this way since new.(15 years) If you buy a new board,you will have a spare!

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
As the coach only came with one propane tank I'm assuming you have installed an extend a stay kit or something similar. I have an extend a stay on this coach, it's much easier to refill a portable tank then drive the coach to a propane dealer to refill.
Yes it is
Old 02-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #19

Mine has always done the same thing since new. I just figured it was more efficient this way because it was using the heat internally versus blowing it out the exhaust. It doesn’t take more than a few minutes to warm up to temperature doing this.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
Propane furnaces have a thermostat in the heat exchanger chamber. It will shut off the burner when the chamber gets too hot. It could be the cabin air flow is restricted. With low air flow the chamber will overheat and shut the burner off until it cools down.
My simple furnace draws air from the space around the furnace and blows out the front. If the cabinet door is closed it draws air back from the edges of the front vent.
Try checking for restricted air flow.
Persistant wins the prize. There is a overtemp switch on the furnace burner can. If the burner can gets too hot, it closes the gas valve. When it cools down it opens the gas valve and the furnace relights. It can be a restricted vent. (usualy a rug over the vent) a restricted air intake, A restriction in the ducts, or a weak overtemp switch. I am not guessing at this, I went to school on these furnaces. (Not that this makes me smart, just informed.)
Old 02-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #21

It got cold down here last night so I turned on the furnace and it ran all night with the burner cutting off and on and not even getting warm enough to turn it off - had it set at 66°.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #22

Mine does sound like a jet engine spooling-up. The amount of heat ours puts out is amazing. But it does cycle off/on especially at startup.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
Mine does sound like a jet engine spooling-up. The amount of heat ours puts out is amazing. But it does cycle off/on especially at startup.
My Attwood furnace for the bedroom suddenly stopped working. It comes on and blow cold air for about 30seconds and shuts off. Doesn't try to come back on. I've been researching, looks like it can be the sail switch, thermostat, safety switch, or the board. What would you check first?
BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Persistant wins the prize. There is a overtemp switch on the furnace burner can. If the burner can gets too hot, it closes the gas valve. When it cools down it opens the gas valve and the furnace relights. It can be a restricted vent. (usualy a rug over the vent) a restricted air intake, A restriction in the ducts, or a weak overtemp switch. I am not guessing at this, I went to school on these furnaces. (Not that this makes me smart, just informed.)

It's called 'limiting'.....operating on the High Temp Limit Switch which is installed on the Heat Exchanger
Restricted air flow....discharge side or return air side...heat exchanger gets too hot & high temp switch opens.
DC circuit is interrupted hence gas valve closes.
FAN continues to run.heat exchanger cools down, high temp switch closes and DC goes to circuit bd.
Because Thermostat is still calling for heat the circuit bd energizes gas valve/ignitor.
Furnace refires....repeat the 'limiting' cycle until room air temp reaches thermostat set point---if it can.

Airflow is being obstructed.
Check for any items stored that would block return air to furnace and airflow from ALL ducts

Furnace (Burner/fan) should only shut down when thermostat opens because set point temp has been reachedl
Any other way and something is not functioning corretly

Excessive 'limiting' operation can cause therm stress to heat exchanger which can cause it to crack.
Cracked (even warped) heat exchanger will allow CO to leak inside RV.....dangerous situation.
Find the reason your furnace is 'limiting'
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Could it be clearing any possible gas vapor for start up and shut down
n5979u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
It's called 'limiting'.....operating on the High Temp Limit Switch which is installed on the Heat Exchanger
Restricted air flow....discharge side or return air side...heat exchanger gets too hot & high temp switch opens.
DC circuit is interrupted hence gas valve closes.
FAN continues to run.heat exchanger cools down, high temp switch closes and DC goes to circuit bd.
Because Thermostat is still calling for heat the circuit bd energizes gas valve/ignitor.
Furnace refires....repeat the 'limiting' cycle until room air temp reaches thermostat set point---if it can.

Airflow is being obstructed.
Check for any items stored that would block return air to furnace and airflow from ALL ducts

Furnace (Burner/fan) should only shut down when thermostat opens because set point temp has been reachedl
Any other way and something is not functioning corretly

Excessive 'limiting' operation can cause therm stress to heat exchanger which can cause it to crack.
Cracked (even warped) heat exchanger will allow CO to leak inside RV.....dangerous situation.
Find the reason your furnace is 'limiting'
Ok, now my furnace does nothing after it used to have the blower come on for 30 seconds.
BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceNeu View Post
Ok, now my furnace does nothing after it used to have the blower come on for 30 seconds.

Check the On/Off---Circuit Breaker tripped on frame/motor cover.
12V DC POS goes to that switch THEN to other components...time delay relay/blower circuit...motor
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace