Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2022, 08:55 AM   #1

Fusible Link & Troubleshoot Leveling Issue

I was going to test drive my RV (2014 AC Revolution) this am after sitting for the winter (as if we have winter in southern Florida). While going through my preparations, I started the engine, allowed the air pressure to normalize, and started to raise my levelers. So far, everything has been going well. I heard/felt the air shocks filling up and the jacks started to retract. Then the engine died. Huh... I figured that I had to be facing a fuse or fusible link as my dash panel was dead when I went to restart. I started around with my multimeter and when I got to the fusible link just before the 'On/Off' switch connection near the engine batteries, I found my problem. I had good power on one side and none on the other. Right now, I'm pretty sure this was the link in line with the switch labeled body and not chassis. I'm going back out to look again and take a pic in a minute.

OK, based on this rambling story, I came here to ask two questions:

-As I will be a bit delayed in getting the failed fusible link out, does anybody know off-hand the amperage?

-Second, based on past experience or gifted genius in that field, does anyone have suggestions on where I should be looking for the cause?

As the jacks were in the process of retracting, I'm gonna' start looking around that motor. I have fought that system in the past. It could have been coincidental or maybe someone can direct me more quickly to a good potential fault. Like I mentioned, I haven't pulled it yet but if they're gonna' put in a fusible link, it's probably at least 100a.

Thanks in advance for wise and helpful comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0862.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	365529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0863.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	659.3 KB
ID:	365530  

skyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #2

I’d be leaving looking for varmint tracks, and maybe a fried varmint.

Whether the blown fuse link is related to the jacks or dash (or varmint) will require a wiring diagram for your coach.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:23 AM   #3

Amp rating for the link should be available from the chassis manufacturer .

Now back in the day when fuse links were common in automotive , they were fuse wire .
Waiting on a photo to see what yours looks like /
My vintage Freightliner the power cable to the dash is protected by a 135 amp unit.

Best guess is engine compartment to check for wiring damage , start at the alternator .
Old 05-15-2022, 12:21 PM   #4

I got the fuse pulled. It's a 150a slow blow. Now I just have to figure out what made it burn.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshark View Post
I got the fuse pulled. It's a 150a slow blow. Now I just have to figure out what made it burn.
ANL fuse ?

Odd spot for a fuse not to have terminal protection .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Anl fuse.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	365541  
Old 05-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
ANL fuse ?

Odd spot for a fuse not to have terminal protection .
There actually was a little silicone cap wrapped over the terminals. I had already flipped it back before I took the picture.

Here's a pic of the fuse that I'm replacing:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Littelfuse 150 amp.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	365660  
Old 05-24-2022, 01:43 PM   #7

I had a 150 fuse blown, the slide out motor had apparently gotten water in it and shorted out. That's my story on my Fleetwood Pulse.
Kcinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:58 AM   #8

Yeah, mine too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcinfl View Post
I had a 150 fuse blown, the slide out motor had apparently gotten water in it and shorted out. That's my story on my Fleetwood Pulse.
I found the cause of the short to be my pump motor for the hydraulic jacks. When I pulled it out, there was actually water standing inside the motor. That can't be good for electrics. This will be the third time I've replaced that motor though the first time for becoming a little water container. I don't love the challenge of getting the motor lined up with that little slot in the bottom. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #9

Well, Good Job finding the issue. It's too bad it seems to be a recurring problem on your coach.

Tags
leveling