RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #1

FW Fiesta

Often there is no listing for the fiesta, even on this forum. Is it not a popular model?
Garter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, based on the number of responses (0) it looks like a not to many Fiesta owners are on this forum. Looks like they were made from 2001 to 2010. I suspect they would have the standard level of Fleetwood quality which is about average for the industry.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

I believe the Fiesta and Terra are very similar models...
Old 08-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #4

We bought a 2007 Fiesta this spring and I have noticed too that there are very few comments about them. So far we are happy though.
mtnxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxr View Post
We bought a 2007 Fiesta this spring and I have noticed too that there are very few comments about them. So far we are happy though.
I have no idea on this particular rig, but if there are very few comments, that probably means they are a good reliable rig....true?

There's a few on RV Trader, and they look like a very nice rig.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #6

Generally if you don't see a particular rig mentioned it usually means folks that have that rig don't have too many problems with it. Sometimes those rigs don't have all the bells and whistles that the higher end rigs have so there is less that goes wrong or the folks have found easy fixes. Just because its not mentioned don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have. I have a storm which is the slightly older brother still without all the bells and whistles that say a bounder might have. To me simple is good.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a 05 Fiesta. It was a rental out of Vegas. Bought in 09 with 55k miles, put 20k on it in 4 years. Sold for a Bounder. No major problems, but many minor being a rental. Bare bones, no frills. Good unit would do again IF I wanted no amenities.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Owned a Fiesta 9 years now

We bought a 2003 Fleetwood 32S Fiesta 9 years ago. We have been very happy with it. We found one that had been taken good care of by the first owner. It was 7 years old when we bought it.

I would say it has been reliable with no more then normal mechanical issues then any other RV. I have always made sure all preventive maintenance was done and we have taken care of it. That is not to say we haven't had our moments, but we have never been stranded. Any issues we were able to either repair and keep going or we could McGiver them and could wait until we could get to a shop and have them fixed.

I was shocked when I first started looking at used class A gassers as a replacement for it. The lack of care of the coaches by so many owners surprised me. Our 16 year old Fiesta looked as nice as the average 3-4 year old used coach on many of the sales lots.

I think in the end when you are buying a coach with a few years on it, for the most part, it is more important if the coach has been taken care of. That is with the caveat that some coach manufacturers or the systems certain manufacturers chose to install in some coaches are beyond the point of long term reliability. But that is another topic entirely.

We have found this Fleetwood entry level product to be reliable and have enjoyed ours. We will miss it when we sell it. We are planning to step up to a larger RV this year.

Over the years we have repaired items on most of the systems due to normal usage. Things like the slide out relay, one of the the two roof air conditioners, a propane line, a new awning, a new temperature sensor in the water heater, new tires and batteries, and various items like that wore out and needed replacing.

There were several places where trim pieces, cabinet door lifts, door fasteners, door latches, door trim and the like had to be reglued, screwed back together or replaced, had to be refastened or repaired inside and out. We have had to have about half the day night blinds restrung as the strings do wear out.

It is an entry level coach so the materials used are on the cheaper side, but as long as you take care of things they will last.

The Ford chassis and 6.8 liter V-10 powertrain has been remarkably trouble free.

We do have a steering stabilizer and rear sway bars and air bags installed to improve handling. The first owner had added hydraulic leveling jacks and a 5500 watt Onan generator.

Any specific questions about a Fiesta please contact me....I will try to answer them.