Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #1

FWood Revolution Rear Panel Rubber Bumpers...

I discovered recently that the 2 rubber stop bumpers (sometimes called hood stops, bumper stops, etc.) mounted in the rear engine access compartment of our 2003 Revolution are cracked/broken. When the engine access compartment door is lowered and closed, these rubber bumpers are the contact points between the body and the access door. The rubber bumpers mount on the two adjusting screws in the compartment and are easily visible when the door is opened for service.

These rubber stops seem to be "garden variety" OEM items that have been/are used by one or more of the automakers. They should be easily attainable....but I can't find them anywhere I've looked. So far, I have -
. contacted Fleetwood;
. done exhaustive google and website searches;
. visited several good hardware stores, including HDepot and Lowes;
. visited several competent auto parts stores.

It is always a problem locating a minor part like this without a part number or a definite OEM source to go to. I can "blacksmith" something for sure, but would rather get the Real McCoy if possible.

If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
KIX

Maybe what you are talking about............auto parts stores care adjustabe bumpers for adjusting hood height..........maybe that wiolll work for you.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Would your local FW dealer know? Mine has access to all sorts of stuff like that. When the reflector lens broke off my rear hanging stone guard, I couldn't find one the exact size anywhere. They had a stash of them from owner's who upgraded their stone guards with the fancy chrome ones & just popped a new lens in mine for free. When one of the rubber grommets disappeared off my range top (where the burner guard grid legs go in), they had a dish full of those things behind their counter & just handed me a couple.

Might give your dealer a try. Couldn't hurt.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ever get to a swap meet? There are vendors there that have just about every configuration rubber bumpers made.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I live in a smaller area that does not have a FWood dealer or much in the way of swap meets....both excellent suggestions, however. There are a couple of RV dealerships within reasonable proximity. I will go there and see what they might have. I'm sure these bumpers are not exclusive to FWood. If I find the right ones, I will post that. Any other info or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks again, all.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #6

I bought my bumpers at lowes.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When you called Fleetwood did you go to the American motorhome dept? They should know exactly what you're looking for. You can order directly from them. My Rev was missing a couple of the rubber gromets that the rear grill pins sit in........and they had them, I think they were $1.00 or so. They were very helpful in looking up the parts, even though they were very minor parts.
Brian
Old 12-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #8

supercub.....yes, Fleetwood (American) is very helpful. The fella I spoke to spent some time trying to locate the bumpers, but to no avail. He said he could not find them on the parts diagram or listed in his books. He did have the part numbers for the front hood panel bumpers, however. I agree with you, though. It seems strange that these things would not be listed somewhere. Most OEM's are very detailed on this kind of stuff. So far, I have not bee able to find anything even close. I may end up "blacksmithing" something that works....

I am going to call them again, and I will let you know the results. Thanks for your follow-up.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercub View Post
My Rev was missing a couple of the rubber gromets that the rear grill pins sit in

So that is why pins are so loose in the hole. Now I need to find some gromets....
Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429

So that is why pins are so loose in the hole. Now I need to find some gromets....
So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. We have been quite the travel bugs in the motor coach and could share so many stories. I did want to post a few for safety reasons for all of us and just some general frustration at the CS level with AC. First, they have an engineered fixed for our generator slides so they won't bottom out. I highly recommend the. Second, we went to Arizona and we let all heat for two days (it was 10 degrees)...because AC hadn't done any quality control on or aqua hot. It had bern taped shut from the factory. Wasted an entire day in Prescott getting it fixed and a day of vacation freezing while it was addressed. Makes you wonder what else it wrong. We have has so may things go wrong. Is there a lemon law the applies to these things? Getting tired of taking he blame only to find it was them all along.

Still have rust issues
Still have issues with Aquahout
Still have rust undercarriage concerns

I hope,we can get this right!!!
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #11

UPDATE - FWood Revolution Rubber Bumpers

Have re-contacted Fleetwood re the above rear access door bumpers. This time a VERY helpful cust svc rep spent the time to find the parts in question in their inventory. She even went out and double-checked the dimensions of the part, calling me back twice during the process. She even sent several pictures as well to confirm we were on the same page...so to speak.

I only needed the rubber end cap. The representative stated that the part came only as an assembly that included both the rubber cap and the metal adjusting screw. Since I wanted the correct OEM part on the coach instead of a DIY blacksmithed substitute, I ordered two of the parts at approx. $5 each. The rubber caps will go on the coach, and the adjusting screws will become ballast in my spare parts bin. The rep also stated that FWood had about 15 of these remaining in stock.

I pass this info along for what it may be worth. I have attached a pic of the bumper assembly....ignore the orage tape on the bumper. Unfortunately, 3 other pics she sent me were within a PDF file and cannot be uploaded to the forum. I will be happy to forward these to anyone who sends me a message within the forum.

I have found Fleetwood's customer service in the past to be excellent. This time is no exception....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	16990  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeapBigEngin View Post
Have re-contacted Fleetwood re the above rear access door bumpers. This time a VERY helpful cust svc rep spent the time to find the parts in question in their inventory. She even went out and double-checked the dimensions of the part, calling me back twice during the process. She even sent several pictures as well to confirm we were on the same page...so to speak.

I only needed the rubber end cap. The representative stated that the part came only as an assembly that included both the rubber cap and the metal adjusting screw. Since I wanted the correct OEM part on the coach instead of a DIY blacksmithed substitute, I ordered two of the parts at approx. $5 each. The rubber caps will go on the coach, and the adjusting screws will become ballast in my spare parts bin. The rep also stated that FWood had about 15 of these remaining in stock.

I pass this info along for what it may be worth. I have attached a pic of the bumper assembly....ignore the orage tape on the bumper. Unfortunately, 3 other pics she sent me were within a PDF file and cannot be uploaded to the forum. I will be happy to forward these to anyone who sends me a message within the forum.

I have found Fleetwood's customer service in the past to be excellent. This time is no exception....
Glad you got the problem solved!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Would your local FW dealer know? Mine has access to all sorts of stuff like that. When the reflector lens broke off my rear hanging stone guard, I couldn't find one the exact size anywhere. They had a stash of them from owner's who upgraded their stone guards with the fancy chrome ones & just popped a new lens in mine for free. When one of the rubber grommets disappeared off my range top (where the burner guard grid legs go in), they had a dish full of those things behind their counter & just handed me a couple.

Might give your dealer a try. Couldn't hurt.

Lori-
That's good to know, Lori. I noticed that one of the grommets is missing off of my stove top, too.