RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Generator exhaust routing

Hello Bounder friends.

Cathy and I just picked up a New to Us 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35B Class A. Gas front engine. Very very clean, 59k original miles and very happy with her.

AS we get to know all the systems, I had a question on the exhaust for the Onan Generator. Our exhaust is out the side in front of bedroom slide on the driver side. We are picking up a Genturi extension system to route to the roof. That said, as I was under the RV checking on the current exhaust pipe, it is in very good shape and runs from the Generator at the rear of the RV and up to the side and then a couple of elbows to get it to exit next to the main engine exhaust. Very well done and the pipe itself is one solid piece with no connections and all customer bent. It is roughly an 8' run. When I look at where the exhaust manifold is, its within 2.5' of the rear of the coach. Even the frame has a cut out that leads me to believe it originally ran out the back. It would come out just to the side of the gas fill opening.

Can any of our bounder owners confirm or let me know if their RV has the exhaust out the side with a long pipe going from the Gen to the side or out the back of the RV with a short run and straight shot.

Thank you
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #2

Our '95 Bounder, 35 UWB has the generator on the drivers side, up front about 2 feet or so behind the front wheel, exhaust drops down then shoots straight out under the generator, pipe extends about an inch or so past the outside edge of the motorhome.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #3

My 97 Bounder is out the side. And I use a home built Venturi.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:45 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinG View Post
My 97 Bounder is out the side. And I use a home built Venturi.
Thank you for the response.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #5

On my Bay Star Sport the gen is on the driver side about in the middle. I also have a full wall slide on that side. The gen exhaust is routed to the front ahead of the tire. The explanation I got is it’s a bad idea to exhaust the gen under a slide. Where it is is the closest place the could run it.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #6

On my 94 Southwind Storm the exhaust for the generator comes down initally then turns straight to the rear a few feet then turns to the drivers side. Where it exits just forward ~ 1ft from the rear bumper.

Set it up this way so it was not dumping fumes on the awning side of the RV.
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
udidwht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by udidwht View Post
On my 94 Southwind Storm the exhaust for the generator comes down initally then turns straight to the rear a few feet then turns to the drivers side. Where it exits just forward ~ 1ft from the rear bumper.

Set it up this way so it was not dumping fumes on the awning side of the RV.
Wow, that's quite a push for the exhaust on that generator it would appear. I can't tell if mine was originally out the side where it is now halfway up from the rear of the generator which on my Bounder is at the back bumper. There is a half circle cut out at the generator exhaust right at the exhaust manifold and facing the rear bumper. It can't be more than 3 feet to the back of the RV. The current location has a very new looking exhaust pipe running from the back of the RF to the Middle and then turning left to exit out the side by the main engine exhaust. The pipe looks like aluminum and is a solid piece, customer bent with no joints at all from the generator to the exit out the side.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Generator exhaust routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
On my Bay Star Sport the gen is on the driver side about in the middle. I also have a full wall slide on that side. The gen exhaust is routed to the front ahead of the tire. The explanation I got is it’s a bad idea to exhaust the gen under a slide. Where it is is the closest place the could run it.
Mine is the same as yours. My side exhaust is driver side about 2 feet ahead of the bedroom slide. thank you

Tags
generator, exhaust