Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2018, 04:37 AM   #1

Getting coax & DC pwr to slide

I'm installing a TV lift on the drivers side slide. I need to get DC power for the lift mechanism and run a coax cable to the TV.

For the coax maybe 2 choices. One is to install a coax splitter in the audio visual cabinet above the drivers seat. That splitter will service one coax cable to the existing TV above the driver and passenger. The other coax from the splitter would go down the windshield frame on the drivers side and along side the drivers seat. However I don't know how I would get it to go along the slide to get to the TV behind the couch. With the slide retracted there would be a bunch of coax cable bunched up in the middle of the coach.

The other way would be to install a coax splitter on the TV in the fwd curb side baggage bin and route it in the baggage bins to the drivers side. But then I don't know how to get the cable inside the slide.

As far as DC power there is a DC power outlet in the baggage bin below the slide but again I don't have a clue how I could route that inside the slide.

Any suggestions?
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #2

In my coach there are 2 coax cables behind the tv in the cabinet above the cab, each cable has a splitter, one set goes to the bedroom tv and in the fwd curb side baggage bin. The other set behind the tv services it and the other goes nowhere. Be careful that you don't add another splitter in the mix, may degrade the signal.
Bravesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #3

Timjet, I want to do the same, will be watching this post, hope you can post some pictures as you go
Old 01-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesoul View Post
In my coach there are 2 coax cables behind the tv in the cabinet above the cab, each cable has a splitter, one set goes to the bedroom tv and in the fwd curb side baggage bin. The other set behind the tv services it and the other goes nowhere. Be careful that you don't add another splitter in the mix, may degrade the signal.
Yes, I'll watch for that. I'll add a powered splitter if necessary.

Problem is getting the coax cable into position behind the drivers side couch.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
Old 01-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #5

Timjet: If you happened to get some time would you mind taking pics of you lift install, I haven't gotten around to mine yet and just wanted to see how you have done yours?? I will probably try to run the coax to the basement through the covered left side off the windshield which is where a good bit of cable if already run.

Will post pics etc when it warms up enough to get to it.

thanks, Joe
Bravesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:16 AM   #6

Joe, I'll post a pic when I get home. I'm going to do a you tube video of the install and finished project..... when I finish it.

But in the mean time the challenge was getting a TV lift thin enough to fit behind the drivers side couch. The off the shelf lifts were way too thick so I came up with a tray arrangement that the TV fits into (similar to a kitchen drawer) and 2 linear actuators that fit on either side of the tray.

My goal in this was not to have to move the couch out into the center of the coach or if I had to, to move it the least amount I could come up with. So another challenge popped up and that was to accommodate the shades that cover the window behind the TV and couch. There are 2 ways around this, one is to install the TV lift so that the TV lifts in front of the shade - my preferred method. If that requires me to move the couch out I may just have to have the TV lift move the shades up and down as it moves up and down.

Two other challenges are getting DC power to the lift mechanism and a coax cable to the TV. I'm very interested in how you're getting the coax cable through the baggage bin into the interior of your coach.
For DC power I've ordered a 15 amp power supply that should do the job. There is a 120 volt cable that runs behind the couch so it will be easy to power the power supply. For the coax, if I can't come up with a way of feeding a cable to it I will use a wireless method - not my preferred way but doable.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV

Tags
slide