Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

Getting info from REV

Just a FYI.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been getting various PDF's sent from Fleetwood on my 207 Bounder 35K. Much of it is fodder, some of it is helpful. My rig has been in the shop for 2 weeks as of today with electrical issues. The shop has also been requesting info from Fleetwood and getting all sorts of stuff much of it good and much of it not good. As of the 8th day of receiving various information the service manager spoke with a supervisor at REV and is optimistic they will receive the info needed today or tomorrow.

I say all this to just say: if you don't get what you need from them be a squeaking wheel and keep asking for more.

We were just looking for the location of a simple relay.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #2

Did you ask your question on this forum ?
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro2kita View Post
Did you ask your question on this forum ?

Yes. no answers.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/stuc...se-393662.html

Looking for a relay location. The mechanic and service manager has been on REV to give up info for a while now. But hopefully today REV can or will offer to help.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Yes. no answers.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/stuc...se-393662.html

Looking for a relay location. The mechanic and service manager has been on REV to give up info for a while now. But hopefully today REV can or will offer to help.
Get used to it. Dealers are the worst. Sure they will feed you a line and blame someone else.
I speak of 6 months of my 35K being the shop.

There are a number of relays in mine on the back wall behind the inverter. 2016 they used self resetting relays so there was no need to "reset" them.
Schematics usually do not show the location of the relays. It is determined by the line at build time. I know, crazy but it is what it is. After 6 months in the shop I drove mine to Decatur and they did all the work there in 3.5 days. Also learned a lot more while there. Definitely worth the trip for me.
There is one document I got from REV that shows where the wires are "supposed" to be routed that is fairly accurate - 12V_Harness_Routing.pdf. You can follow the route and maybe see where they placed the relays. Pretty sure it would be a relay and not a fuse for slides and jacks.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Get used to it. Dealers are the worst. Sure they will feed you a line and blame someone else.
I speak of 6 months of my 35K being the shop.

There are a number of relays in mine on the back wall behind the inverter. 2016 they used self resetting relays so there was no need to "reset" them.
Schematics usually do not show the location of the relays. It is determined by the line at build time. I know, crazy but it is what it is. After 6 months in the shop I drove mine to Decatur and they did all the work there in 3.5 days. Also learned a lot more while there. Definitely worth the trip for me.
There is one document I got from REV that shows where the wires are "supposed" to be routed that is fairly accurate - 12V_Harness_Routing.pdf. You can follow the route and maybe see where they placed the relays. Pretty sure it would be a relay and not a fuse for slides and jacks.

WOW! 6 months! Hope I ain't looking at that. Nearest REV tech center is a 2 day drive from here.

Like I said in the initial post, don't give up on REV. They have given me and the shop tech bad info, so ask again. They have sent reams of paper in wiring schematics. Each day it's something new or different. Very hard to make sense of it.

Being you have a '16 K model and mine is a '17 you'd think they'd be similar. They have checked every sensor (unmarked senor) in the inverter bay which is where the "bad" relay resides on the C and H models.

If the tech is still stuck I'll give him your info.

What was your issue that they had it in the shop 6 months if I may ask.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #6

And yes, no bad fuses that we can find.

This is a 2017 model and once the slides and jacks quit working we started to look over everything. Under the hood there was massive amounts of 1' conduit that was just flopping all over. I tied that stuff up secure. While under the hood I noticed the head lamps and blinkers were re-wired by someone. Really crappy wiring job. And I don't think it is coming off the original wire loom. That'll get re-done by me once/if I get the rig back.

The only fuses/relays that are marked are in the fuse box in the inverter bay. Nothing else is marked anywhere! I did get schematics from REV showing what fuse goes to what in the other 3 boxes but I'm not sure I can trust it. It'll be trial and error I guess. Pull a fuse and see what doesn't work I guess.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
WOW! 6 months! Hope I ain't looking at that. Nearest REV tech center is a 2 day drive from here.
Like I said in the initial post, don't give up on REV. They have given me and the shop tech bad info, so ask again. They have sent reams of paper in wiring schematics. Each day it's something new or different. Very hard to make sense of it.
Being you have a '16 K model and mine is a '17 you'd think they'd be similar. They have checked every sensor (unmarked senor) in the inverter bay which is where the "bad" relay resides on the C and H models.
If the tech is still stuck I'll give him your info.
What was your issue that they had it in the shop 6 months if I may ask.
I had the typical laundry list of warranty items. Nothing super hard. Lousy techs is more like it and horrible customer service by the dealer. I have a post on here somewhere. It was back in '16 if you wanted to look for it.
I was in Tampa so the drive to Decatur was 1000+ miles and 2 days each way. Would do it again in a heartbeat before going to a dealer and I could not do it myself.