Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Its an awkward set-up to try and fit that shower rod into. I think the though of having that extra room is easier than actually fitting the thing. I would seriously think about getting a consult with an RV business like a CW world tech and figure out if it can be done. "Measure twice, cut once".
yes.....I agree..the more I dig in and think about it, the uglier it gets....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
But seriously, go ask someone thats probably done a few of these.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am re-visiting this issue. I talked to Fleetwood, and all there is holding it is double tape and maybe some caulking. They said it would be easy to remove it.

I am going to measure to see if this installed unit now that I have it in hand will work......BEFORE I remove the glass surround enclosure.

Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - Satin Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT 3542S DS - Shower - Camping World
Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Try this out for size ( pardon the pun ) . Leave the glass wall by the sink intact and remove the other two glass panels leaving the top metal frame.Brace the unsupported frame to the ceiling and then run your curtain along that frame. Whadaya think
Cliff I may leave that panel as you suggested that is right next to the sink, but I'm concerned about the structural integrity if I remove the door and the right hand glass unit. The metal at the top all ties together to make it a solid structure, removing half of it might cause problems, will have to look at it closely before doing anything.

I'll be out investigating it this weekend.....
Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Standing by as always , Kent. Anxious to see you figure this out. I know you will. .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #20

Shower

I've removed and replaced an entire shower.
Remove the door
Glass is held to frame by small screws..remove glass
Glass channels are held to wall by screws in the channel......remove channel
Walls are held on by double stick tape...get big putty knife, pry off as you go.
My pan was held down by a couple screws in the corners and a flex connection....need access underneath....unscrew flex connection.....remove pan.
Then do what you want.
Takesa couple hours to remove the entire shower.
Enjoy!
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep, just thinking about it at this point. I do now have that folding shower curtain rail so I can see how its going to work by holding it up there.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
I've removed and replaced an entire shower.
Remove the door
Glass is held to frame by small screws..remove glass
Glass channels are held to wall by screws in the channel......remove channel
Walls are held on by double stick tape...get big putty knife, pry off as you go.
My pan was held down by a couple screws in the corners and a flex connection....need access underneath....unscrew flex connection.....remove pan.
Then do what you want.
Takesa couple hours to remove the entire shower.
Enjoy!
Bandmbrown, was your shower a corner shower unit?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #23

I removed my 2 panels plus door and upper cross piece in my Endeavor. Looked (past tense) about the same as yours. I posted this somewhere but can't remember. Anyway, mine wasn't held with tape ... the outermost channels were screwed to the fiberglass walls of the enclosure. I don't exactly remember the sequence but I think I removed the cross brace above the door (I think it had small flat plates across the joints with screws). Then I removed the door. Then the side glass. Then ( I think) the inner piece of the lower center door channel slides to either side far enough to reveal screws that join the lower side channels to the center channel. Then I removed the 2 side channels and cleaned everything up.

I used a Recmar Bendable Track Kit for mine to gain additional height.

RECMAR 4372 Deluxe Shower Curtain Kit 72" Long

I bent my track over the mounted spare tire on my Geo Tracker ... you can use a 5 gal. paint bucket ... the idea is to get a gentle curve. It's then trial and error to cut the ends to get the new track located so the curtain hangs correctly. This is all easier than my description.

In my case, I had holes to cover in the side fiberglass so I used "composite (plastic) screen mould" held with construction adhesive ... it looks like this but it's white plastic.

American Wood Moulding WM142 1/4 in. x 3/4 in. x 96 in. Wood Pine Screen Moulding-142-8 at The Home Depot

I caulked the seams with bathroom caulk. The 2 pieces of screen mould direct the water into the "tub" as well as covering the holes.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results .... I'm 6'3" and 235 lb. and I no longer slam my head into the crossbar when using the shower.

The entire bath area feels much bigger.

My DW absolutely loves the new look and function. Easy to keep clean, too !!

BTW, I also removed the carpet fillers around the shower and replaced them with white vinyl tile caulked tightly.

EDIT: added a pic of the white screen moulding installed. The oak moulding is original and covers the gap between enclosure walls and side wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1193779small.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	57133   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1193783small.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	57134  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2193804small.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	57137  
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
I removed my 2 panels plus door and upper cross piece in my Endeavor. Looked (past tense) about the same as yours. I posted this somewhere but can't remember. Anyway, mine wasn't held with tape ... the outermost channels were screwed to the fiberglass walls of the enclosure. I don't exactly remember the sequence but I think I removed the cross brace above the door (I think it had small flat plates across the joints with screws). Then I removed the door. Then the side glass. Then ( I think) the inner piece of the lower center door channel slides to either side far enough to reveal screws that join the lower side channels to the center channel. Then I removed the 2 side channels and cleaned everything up.

I used a Recmar Bendable Track Kit for mine to gain additional height.

RECMAR 4372 Deluxe Shower Curtain Kit 72" Long

I bent my track over the mounted spare tire on my Geo Tracker ... you can use a 5 gal. paint bucket ... the idea is to get a gentle curve. It's then trial and error to cut the ends to get the new track located so the curtain hangs correctly. This is all easier than my description.

In my case, I had holes to cover in the side fiberglass so I used "composite (plastic) screen mould" held with construction adhesive ... it looks like this but it's white plastic.

American Wood Moulding WM142 1/4 in. x 3/4 in. x 96 in. Wood Pine Screen Moulding-142-8 at The Home Depot

I caulked the seams with bathroom caulk. The 2 pieces of screen mould direct the water into the "tub" as well as covering the holes.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results .... I'm 6'3" and 235 lb. and I no longer slam my head into the crossbar when using the shower.

The entire bath area feels much bigger.

My DW absolutely loves the new look and function. Easy to keep clean, too !!

BTW, I also removed the carpet fillers around the shower and replaced them with white vinyl tile caulked tightly.

EDIT: added a pic of the white screen moulding installed. The oak moulding is original and covers the gap between enclosure walls and side wall.
Oh wow Bruce!! thanks so much!!! Perfect answer! Thanks for the pix and the assistance!!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Oh wow Bruce!! thanks so much!!! Perfect answer! Thanks for the pix and the assistance!!

You are very welcome! I don't have any pics of the removal cuz' It was hot that day. Best as I can remember the actual removal took an hour because I had to cut the head off a screw with my Dremel. If yours is all tape it should go quickly. As mentioned, I used the Recmar track to get maximum height. With the track and a standard 6ft. curtain it hangs correctly inside the tub at the bottom.

And the circular thing up in the skylight frame is one plastic closet rod holder ... there's another at opposite end. I drop a piece of PVC in and clothes hangers will go over it. That's where we dry stuff that can't be hung outside.

P.S. ... I have 2 - 3m Command Hooks on the back wall for drying towels.
like these ...
http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #26

Shower

Mine was a corner unit in my Bounder....walls are a oe piece unit. Pay attention when you are aligning it and your OK
Old 02-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
I've removed and replaced an entire shower. Remove the door Glass is held to frame by small screws..remove glass Glass channels are held to wall by screws in the channel......remove channel Walls are held on by double stick tape...get big putty knife, pry off as you go. My pan was held down by a couple screws in the corners and a flex connection....need access underneath....unscrew flex connection.....remove pan. Then do what you want. Takesa couple hours to remove the entire shower. Enjoy!
I hope this isn't changing the subject but how do you 'remove the door'. I ask because my door is hitting the bottom edge and has effectively cut off the rubber swiper and is hard to close. It is low on one side and looks like if I could shim it somehow to be square that everything would work well. But can't figure out how to get the door off!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #28

Shower

My doors were sliding doors on a semi circular track. The easiest way to remove them is to remove the stopper bumpers and slide them out. You will see an indentation on the upper and lower track located where the doors close in the middle. To adjust the doors ...work on the rollers. They are on a arm that allows adjustment.

Tags
door, shower