Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
I hope this isn't changing the subject but how do you 'remove the door'. I ask because my door is hitting the bottom edge and has effectively cut off the rubber swiper and is hard to close. It is low on one side and looks like if I could shim it somehow to be square that everything would work well. But can't figure out how to get the door off!
Nope ... right on topic. On mine (3 piece, door in middle) ... and I'm going from memory cuz' the whole thing is in a dumpster ... if you look at the very top where the cross brace meets the sides (the 2 seams where the angle changes), I believe there are screws and a small plate that bridges the seam. If you remove the plates the cross brace can be raised/removed ... the pins/hinges on the door will then be released from their holes. At this point you can remove the door and add plastic washers to the bottom pin to raise it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - Satin Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT 3542S DS - Shower - Camping World

The above did not work, no where near long enough.

So I am ordering (Thanks Bruce Again!) This as recommended by Mr. Bruce:
RECMAR 4372 Deluxe Shower Curtain Kit 72" Long

Bruce, I might need some direct intervention in the way of advice, so I'm going to keep very close in touch with you when I get that in and figure out how to screw it to the ceiling. My Coach has a fiberous ceiling and I'm kinda nervous about if it will hold that ceiling mounted shower curtain....

The new one is shipping out today. So I'll have it on the 'to do' list for the upcoming weekend.

Thanks again Bruce!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - Satin Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT 3542S DS - Shower - Camping World

The above did not work, no where near long enough.

So I am ordering (Thanks Bruce Again!) This as recommended by Mr. Bruce:
RECMAR 4372 Deluxe Shower Curtain Kit 72" Long

Bruce, I might need some direct intervention in the way of advice, so I'm going to keep very close in touch with you when I get that in and figure out how to screw it to the ceiling. My Coach has a fiberous ceiling and I'm kinda nervous about if it will hold that ceiling mounted shower curtain....

The new one is shipping out today. So I'll have it on the 'to do' list for the upcoming weekend.

Thanks again Bruce!!
You bet !! ... ask away. The track assembly is aluminum and with the rollers probably weighs 1 LB. The shower curtain is the heavier part. I replaced the screws that came with it with the next diameter in Stainless ... maybe #8 instead of #6. I think I drilled the holes a little bigger in the track mounts. My ceiling is soft vinyl with a foam backer and luan plywood beyond that. Holds fine. You may be able to find a ceiling joist if you are really lucky.

The track comes in a monstrous shipping tube (hence the freight charge).

You may want to make a cardboard template of where you want the track and where the bend will go (and what radius will best match your tub at the bottom). The track should allow the curtain to hang down so that you have to push the curtain bottom to get it into the tub ... in other words, similar to a curtain on a household tub. This allows the curtain vertical ends to stick to the enclosure walls when wet and keep everything reasonably dry.

The track bends VERY easily ... use something large and round to form it and be careful. A 5 gal paint bucket is close ... I used a larger radius and used my car spare tire.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #32

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Will Do Bruce! Thanks Again! Will Take Pictures of the before/during/after job....
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Will Do Bruce! Thanks Again! Will Take Pictures of the before/during/after job....
Looking forward to it ... this what one end of the track looks like attached to ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3043811small.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	57469  
Old 03-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Excellent thank you Bruce. ! It helps so much.

What length shower curtain again?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Excellent thank you Bruce. ! It helps so much.

What length shower curtain again?
Mine's 72" X 72" ... I think that's "standard". You'll need to measure after install but that will probably work fine. If too long you can hem it ... if a little too short you could fabricate some extenders or just add "S" clips to the top. Or bead chain ...

Curtain Fair - Drops and Extenders
Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #36

On more thing I remembered ... I pulled the trim from the skylight to have a look at the ceiling material and that's how I decided on length/diameter of screws for track mounts. Gave me a chance to check skylight and clean everything .
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #37

Location: I travel this great country working on refineries and industrial plants.
I have a 2000 34' Fleetwood Terry 5'er with a large crack in the shower floor. I've had this unit for 18 months and live in it pretty much full time going from job to job. Where can I purchase a whole new shower unit? Mine is exactly built as shown in MH. My shower floor is getting more mushy and I need to address this now. Thank you for your help.

Chuck
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech tulsa View Post
I have a 2000 34' Fleetwood Terry 5'er with a large crack in the shower floor. I've had this unit for 18 months and live in it pretty much full time going from job to job. Where can I purchase a whole new shower unit? Mine is exactly built as shown in MH. My shower floor is getting more mushy and I need to address this now. Thank you for your help.

Chuck
I would probably contact Fleetwod for specs but here are a few:

RV Shower Pans, Trailer Tubs, Motorhome Tub Surrounds, Lyons RV Bathtubs, Drains

https://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/cat...82&per_page=36

RV Showers, Pans, Surrounds - PPL Motor Homes

Rv Showers & Surrounds
Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got the glass walls out.

The piece on the far right would not come out and no screws evident. I've decided to leave it and us it as a border to fasten the shower curtain to...maybe....

That's as far as I got this weekend....but farther than I thought I'd get!

Those glass pieces are a lot heavier than they look!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140309_173910_864.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	57890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140309_174004_040.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	57891  

Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Got the glass walls out.

The piece on the far right would not come out and no screws evident. I've decided to leave it and us it as a border to fasten the shower curtain to...maybe....

That's as far as I got this weekend....but farther than I thought I'd get!

Those glass pieces are a lot heavier than they look!
Try running a fresh/sharp utility knife blade down the seam ... it's probably either 3M style double tape or just an adhesive. Keep at it ... you'll regret not removing everything. Mine had screws AND adhesive (like Bathroom Silicone). You can try some heat from a hairdryer.

and ...

Yes they are !!

looks good so far ... amazing how big the space is without the glass !!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #41

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Try running a fresh/sharp utility knife blade down the seam ... it's probably either 3M style double tape or just an adhesive. Keep at it ... you'll regret not removing everything. Mine had screws AND adhesive (like Bathroom Silicone). You can try some heat from a hairdryer.

and ...

Yes they are !!
I did give up easily on it. It was late and I was happy with what I'd removed at that point.

I'll be trying at it again this weekend. Thanks Bruce!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #42

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I will clean it all up once I get the ceiling track installed.

I need something pliable, like a hose or something, I can cut to length, or maybe a piece of cardboard, I can't figure out how to make a template.

Bruce, what did you use again?

I have very little space between the skylight and the cabinet on the one side. This pic is not mine but identical to mine...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	digi39615779.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	57966  

Tags
door, shower