RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2019, 06:55 AM   #1

Grey water tank drains slow

On my 2013 35K, the grey water tank drains at a rate that appears to be normal for 30 seconds or so, then as it slows to about 5 or 10%, I would think it was close to empty and stop, but the 1/3 light was on. Yesterday, I let it run for quite some time, about 10 minutes, with about the same volume as a faucet and it did show empty. Has anyone experienced this, and more importantly, has anyone figured out the issue?
Peteydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteydog View Post
On my 2013 35K, the grey water tank drains at a rate that appears to be normal for 30 seconds or so, then as it slows to about 5 or 10%, I would think it was close to empty and stop, but the 1/3 light was on. Yesterday, I let it run for quite some time, about 10 minutes, with about the same volume as a faucet and it did show empty. Has anyone experienced this, and more importantly, has anyone figured out the issue?

Yes, we had the same problem with our used Class A.

I used a bore-scope to find out what made it trickle at the end. There was a buildup of what must have been a combination of fatty lipids (butter, oil, soap scum) and whatnot that was clung to the bottom of the tank. I cleared it out by 2/3rd filling the tank with nothing but the hottest hot water and an entire bottle of dawn dishwashing liquid. Took it for a drive through a school parking lot with a few twists, turns, and speed bumps to agitate the buildup and then dumped the entire contents into the field behind our house to see what came out. I flushed it with five gallon buckets of hot water and it was indeed a scum buildup of questionable nastiness. whatever it was melted in the sun and the grass didn't grow there for some time. So it must have been oily soap scum or something. Whatever it was also made accurate reading of the volume level inaccurate. After cleaning it out the indicator lights on the panel don't flicker around as much and the indicator is accurate. Now when I pull the drain handle it all comes out quickly and stops in a matter of seconds.
ret60sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:28 AM   #3

Thank you, I will give that a try before I roll out to the next race.
Peteydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water