Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #15

Raton is easy compared to 70 west - have done both many times. Not quite as scenic, but chances are you won't crack your windshield like you might on 70 (yup), and have to deal with the idiot drivers hustling to the resorts!
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #16

Well things have gone from bad to worse. The independent inspector gave up in frustration trying to do an inspection. Repairs weren't done and when he asked to test the water system he was told "it had been winterized" and why did he want to do all those things when they had already inspected it?
I received a panic phone call from one of the service guys saying if they out water in the system I was going to have to pay to have it winterized. I asked why it would be winterized if I was to do a walk thru tomorrow and have all the systems up and running so they could show me how it worked.
Several more back and forth phone calls to/ from the salesman, telling me how incompetent the inspector was and why did I want an inspection. I told him I wanted it in writing there were no leaks and was told I didn't need that because they would guarantee everything for 30 days.( big help when I'm in AZ)...
I had made several phone calls to the inspection company and then received a phone call from the big kahuna at the Lemon Squad. He sent me his personal email and said run...,RUN from this dealer!!! He is going to refund at least 2/3 of the money for the inspection. He said he had never had his people go to do an inspection like this. The dealer was not only not helpful they were hostile and they were obviously hiding something. So now I'm back at square one and need to work in getting my deposit back. And I also need to leave for AZ by next weekend....sigh
......Shar
sharmanrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear this, Shar...but it sounds like a blessing in disguise. There are lots of great units out there, so take your time and find "the one." Best wishes to you.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sorry to hear this, Shar...but it sounds like a blessing in disguise. There are lots of great units out there, so take your time and find "the one." Best wishes to you.
I agree. Better you found out now. That's why you hired an inspector. I wouldn't buy that " it's guaranteed for 30 days so don't worry about it " . Either it's in working order as promised or they don't get the Jerry Maguire . ( show me the money ).

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
It is a blessing. With a hostile attitude toward the inspector the dealer was "DIRTY". Mr. Dirty has to pay your deposit back or as Cliff states he gets sued and pays your court cost, plus attorney's fee. Wish you luck, stick to your goals. They will materialize. Keep the forum posted, please. Much luck!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Shar - We're in Loveland and my dear hubby is a mechanic, we're pretty good as buying RV's if you need any assistance just give us a call.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #21

Thank you Colorado Kay. Well yesterday was a day I don't ever want to go thru again. I was angry, upset, disappointed and really really scared. I got up early to go get my deposit back and talked to salesman. "Don't you want to see how nice and clean it is? Everyone worked so hard getting it ready for you". Um no! I want my deposit back."well you'll have to wait for the GM to come in"....so I left.
Now you all don't know me but I am normally extremely easy going and don't let things ruffle me. I still hadn't received the partial report from the indep. Inspector. I went to another dealer and spent another 3 hours looking at sorry overpriced excuses for coaches.
Feeling more tired and frustrated I finally called the GM. ( I have always been able to fight for my kids but not me...I really hate confrontation but I was determined to not cry or let him get the best of me...worse case scenario I would walk away and leave the deposit and call it a day). He postured...I rebutted..we finally came to the understanding that mistakes were made. He offered to hold his people there and go thru everything with me and prove that everything worked as it should. So I went over...had a 3.5 hour walkthru and was shown everything. He has offered to honor the 30 day Warranty in AZ.
"You pick a reputable shop have them fix it and send the bill to me". He offered to replace the slideout awnings to show good faith. They will get the work done this week, and he will tweak a few other things that we encountered on the walkthru.
So right or wrong...isn't the world supposed to end anyway?...I have a frickin' HUGE 36T Southwind in my driveway. The salesman even drove it over to my house after he got off work, got it set up in the driveway and hooked it up to shore power...Am I excited? Yes...right now still more shocked and overwhelmed than anything else...Onward and upward!!!!
Now I have less than a week to pack what's left of my earthly posessions in it, hook up the car hauler with the CR-V and get the heck out of Dodge .....:-)
Shar
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Well that settles that. Welcome to the Fleetwood family and best of luck. You may want to give FW a call and register yourself as the new owner and have them email you electrical, plumbing and furnace schematics.

Have your FW ID # handy if you do. 800-322-8216.

Cliff

Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #23

Thanks Cliff, it feels good to be home......
Shar
PS is the FW # the same as the vin number?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanrn View Post
Thanks Cliff, it feels good to be home......
Shar
PS is the FW # the same as the vin number?
No , the vin # is the chassis. If its a Ford , here is their # and you should register with them also ,800-444-3311.

There is a sticker on the inside wall by the drivers side that should have the FW ID #.

Cliff

Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #25

Ok. Yes it is a Ford...thx
Shar
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in Thornton, and would like to know what dealer you this was. Also want to say, hope your problems are over, and you have safe, happy voyage.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #27

It was RV America. I am hoping too it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I think what happened was a HUGE failure to communicate. Their service dept guys had NOT been told not to winterize it as those were my wishes. Their standard procedure this time of year in our neck of the woods is to winterize. Their service guys had not been used to dealing with indep inspections. The inspector guy....who knows...perhaps he copped an attitude which only made a bad situation worse. I have not been able to talk directly to him. He did need help from the service people to start the generator and wouldn't actually drive it. I think it was unfair for him to ask a service tech to take time to drive it...perhaps the salesman would have been a better choice.
Doesn't exactly inspire confidence......truly all whining aside the Dealer did do what I asked them to do. Time will tell whether I got taken. I hope not....It just goes to show how a misunderstanding can go from zero to Def-con 5 when nobody is talking. I certainly would feel really bad if someone else chose not to go their because of my experience. I still think they are a decent dealership and worked hard to make things right for me.....
Shar
Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you got off to a shaky start, but CONGRATS!!! We all go through a bit of angst when making a big purchase, so I'm glad all worked out for you. Enjoy your new RV and post up some pics when you get time.