Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgill View Post
My AC Rev comes from a 2001 Lexus RX 300
I just ordered a HID kit for them, I find them just too dim. It looks like they come from an aftermarket OEM type company. Hopefully the HID kit helps.
Curious how the HID kit helps. Typically HID headlights use an entirely different projector. Could you find Lexus RX headlamp buckets that were originally HID? Seems that would bee the optimal solution. Either way, curious what your result is.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks to this forum, I found the number on the bottom of my lense, turned out to be a 91 Ford Bronce. Ordered from Ebay, 2 day delivery. Pasgr side was easy, drivers side was a challange but finally installed with new sylvania bulbs, headin out for the weekend.
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #17

FYI, Got my new Ford Countour (ha) headlights. They were exact replacements of OEM (IE, OEM used TYC brand ALSO).

I then bought an HID kit. It installed very easily (Kensun on Amazon). Very nice white light. 2 issues tho:

1 - The pattern of light, likely because of the slightly different bulb geometry is not uniform. There are bright spots and such, especially when I was aiming against the garage doors.

2 - I have to sort out an issue I think I am having with my daytime running lights. After HID install, with motor running and coach in gear I noticed my high beam blue indicator light was lit. If I turn on headlights the high beam indicator turns off. After a little bit of research I have concluded I may have a DRL relay that reduces voltage to the headlights when headlights are off and coach is in gear. I may need just a regular relay so HID's are always on.

More to do, but I will say the fresh headlamp buckets sure make the coach look incredible. So much so I just ordered a batch (8) of side indicator lights. Ironically they are from a 70's vintage Jeep ;-)

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Installed my HID kit in our '12 Revolution and they look great. Very easy to install, had to reverse the main connector around due to the polarity being different, but fired them up and they have a nice bright beam to them. I may need to adjust them, but very pleased so far. For only $40 I was surprised how well constructed they seem to be, I would have paid more for some regular higher end bulbs.

Tags
lights