Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I pulled the bulb out of the light that isn't working. According to the manual, the part number should be 78175. The info on the bulb itself are: Hella Germany, H7U 12v 55w E1 25L . I am going to the parts store tomorrow to see if they have it.
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefans & Harvey View Post
I pulled the bulb out of the light that isn't working. According to the manual, the part number should be 78175. The info on the bulb itself are: Hella Germany, H7U 12v 55w E1 25L . I am going to the parts store tomorrow to see if they have it.
The 78175 is a combo High & Low Beam Headlight bulb. This is a common part and you should have no problem finding one.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The 2002 - 2004 Fleetwood Southwind front headlight s are from VW and made by Hella. The actual model is the VW Golf. I believe the years the VW Golf used this headlight was from 2001 - 2005.

VW/Hella made two models one for the standard Golf and the Wolfsburg. The Wolfsburg has a a mini Fog light built in below the amber turnsignal light and the basic model just had a cover over that fog lens. because the Southwind has larger Fog lights in the front bumper I am pretty sure the Non Fog lamp lights were used on all Southwinds.

Dont use the Hella PN# as it will get you nowhere. Tell them its for a VW Golf.

dezertcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you! That's the light setup, but no fog light, just a cover as you said. I didn't get to the car place today, hopefully tomorrow. I did, however, get a good response from Fleetwood with instructions on how to remove the bulb (I actually had figured it out already- kudos to me!!). I also got a workhorse response saying that's not their area. I really really hope that it's just the bulbs!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ta Da!!

Ha! I did it! And made notes in the manual! Finally made it to the auto store for a new bulb (it's a Philips H7, part # 12972). Cost me a total of $8.60 for one bulb. Except I needed 2. They didn't have a second one. That's OK. Now I know what to pick up (along with a spare).

So, it's the VW Golf design as above, as dezertcamper wrote (THANKS!) but the outside bulb is only for the high beam. The middle is the blinker, and a steel cover, and the inside is a both high/low beam (has two bulbs).

And I had my 9 year old go through the motions of replacing the bulb, so that he can learn some of this stuff too, and once I get another new bulb, I'll have him install it!

WooHoo! DH was so proud of me!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
WooHoo! DH was so proud of me!

And so are we. You knew along you could do it. So did we. I as a mechanic wish there were more people like you that are willing to listen to the advice of others and tackel the small repairs. I realize this may not be a small repair to you & no disrespect intended. Job well done.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for your support!

With so much happening on the home front, succeeding in this task was important to me. I had a seizure at the end of August, and we have just confirmed that it is focal epilepsy, and I can't drive for 6 months, which changes many many things. And DH was a recipient of a 4 car accident on the highway and bruised and battered (both he and the car are still driveable, at least!). And that all was just this weekend!

What will next week bring? Good things, I'm sure!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First, congratulations on your stick to it attitude. Second, good job using this as a teaching experience but more than anything you persevered to see this problem through.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your weekend but again your positive attitude comes through.

This week will bring great things to you and your family.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just to finalize, I had to get a second bulb because of the other lamp blown, and went to the other parts store, where the part cost me DOUBLE of the Philips price!!! $33.00 for two bulbs!!! But it works, and I have a spare, so I'm happy! Yeah!!!