Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #71

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Thanks for checking it out,
I revisited the box, it appears that each inverter/charger breaker is on a separate leg...

This diagram is on back of panel box coverAttachment 294639
I have a 30 amp breaker for each input to inverter on position numbers 1 and 7...
Am I correct?
Mackwrench,

I think you are mistaken as your panel diagram is the same as mine. Thanks for prompting me to actually open my main panel box and check to be sure current flowed the way I thought it did. I checked with my meter to confirm the flow.

I have attached some photos of my main electrical panel and how I believe the electrical current flows through the circuits. You can see from the internal photo with all but the main breakers removed how the slots on each side of the panel connect to a common electrical source in the middle. If you aren't having any problems with overloading L-1 and tripping the breaker it probably doesn't matter. It appears the other loads, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer, Water Heater, and Roadside Patio Receptacles are all on L-2 so that would balance the load some between L-1 & L-2. The only negative I see is L-1 consumes power charging your batteries while all of your sub-panel demand is also on L-1 which could overload L-1 tripping a breaker while L-2 is under utilized. Interesting what you learn doing these projects.

Concerning where the exhaust heated air from the inverter/charger goes when pushed into the floor I'm not totally sure but it does go into what appears to be a subfloor cavity. I accepted that Fleetwood had an outlet for the Source Manager and it would continue to work. I attached a photo from a video I took from under my Coach when I was looking at the DC wiring. It shows an expanded metal cover horizontally mounted to what appears to be the bottom double floor inside the passenger side frame rail just above the exhaust pipe. I think this may be the air outlet as it is in a place where there wouldn't likely be any chance of having water enter the screen and when traveling the exhaust pipe would keep things dry. All just my guess.

Keith
2001 American Eagle
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Potential Air Exit in SubFloor.pdf (163.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf Main Panel Wiring2.pdf (912.2 KB, 45 views)
kbmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #72

Keith, thanks for looking into this.... it appears that your correct!
I'm going to get back there once more with my meter and for sure check.
I've not had any issues but I'd rather the 30 amps (as well as a/c units) be on different legs...

Attachment 294927
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_163255533.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	294920  
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #73

Breakers in better position....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200728_181830410.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	294939
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #74

Hello all I got off a vacation two weeks ago with the coach and had no problems with the old heartland but it is coming out as soon as the honey do list is done. It very long I might add.
Also has anyone put in a french door counter deep fridge in my year of coach and what do you do to get it in the coach. I have to take my entry door to the coach off and replace it so that might help. Thanks John
Old 08-28-2020, 12:31 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
Hello all I got off a vacation two weeks ago with the coach and had no problems with the old heartland but it is coming out as soon as the honey do list is done. It very long I might add.
Also has anyone put in a french door counter deep fridge in my year of coach and what do you do to get it in the coach. I have to take my entry door to the coach off and replace it so that might help. Thanks John
I met a guy Bob (I don't know if he is on this forum) from the Denver area that put in a Samsung residential fridge in his 99 Eagle. He said he had to cut the old one up to get it out then took out the window behind the passenger seat to get the new fridge in. He had the new fridge in the back of a pickup backed up to the side of coach and had 4 or 5 guys helping him at an Arizona RV park. I did not witness the install but the fridge fit perfect and looked great. He removed the under drawer.
steveschlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:53 PM   #76

Hello Gentleman,
I have really enjoyed reading this post in great detail for hours. I myself have a 2001 Eagle and would like to do this upgrade before a failure. Can someone tell me what would be a best direction to go Xantrex system or the Magnum if cost is not part of the equation.
AEDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #77

Choices

I chose the Xantrex as noted in my post and I have been very satisfied with its performance. I like that all of its components are connected and controlled with the single controller.
But my research indicates both brands are fairly competitive and certainly have supporters. I suggest you look at the space you have available and how each brand can fit in that space. Ventilation is also definitely an important consideration. Bed layout is important if the old Source Manager is located under it. I found an equal number of recommendations for both units so do your own research and make your decision.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:34 AM   #78

I went with the Xantrex 3000 and am happy with it although it was a bit of work to rewire everything. I also installed the Intelligent Power Manager and have the Auto Generator Starter but was not able to get it installed last fall. I can send pictures if needed. It was a very tight fit.
art_plano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #79

Thanks for the response. I think Im leaning towards the Magnum Hybrid and the Smart Phase Selector. This would eliminate the need for a sub-panel and allow constant pass through ability. Someday I will add solar and lithium. And pictures would be great.
AEDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:15 AM   #80
63c

I just put in magnum 3012 h and put a sub panel in,it has pass through,could have just hooked it to one leg of the 50,but decided to add a sub panel,don't have ability to run ac this way,but it would draw to much on my batt.
63c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #81
63c

I can still run ac with gen or plugged in,I also have gen start haven't hooked it up yet
63c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:03 AM   #82

Regardless of the brand you install, I find the sub-panel adds flexibility and the ability to separate the individual power loads you want to operate off of the inverter reducing the possibility of tripping a breaker when something that’s not supposed to be powered gets turned on. It’s really not that difficult to install.

Not sure about the Magnum but the Xantrex has wire adapters that convert the wires going from your current inverter to the controller (four wire phone cable) to enable using them without having to run the newer data cable. This was a big time saver and works well. With this all my controllable functions: convert, invert, load-share, gen-start, and system information are available on a single controller in the original cabinet and very convenient. Good luck and if I can help reach out. I am very thankful for all the assistance from the others that contributed to this forum before and as I did my install. Gave me good info and great ideas.

Keith Middleton
(912) 682-0900
2001 American Eagle
Old 01-16-2021, 09:30 AM   #83

Has anyone gone with Lithium batteries after replacing the Heart Source Manager?
steveschlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:35 AM   #84

Freedom 20 replacement

Hello everyone
I still haven't put my inverter in to my coach as my saying if it is working don't touch. Anyway I have everything to put the inverter in and am wanting to install it away from under the bed and in a compartment. Has anyone done that??? My coach is a 99 American eagle with only one slider.
Thanks
John & Donna Wenner
1999 American Eagle

Tags
ace, replace, replacement