Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Heart Source Manager II

Hi yall.....just wondering if anyone has experienced the resettable breaker pop on the inverter portion of their Heart Source Manager? If you had that happen did it kill everything on the Heart box or just cut off the inverter?

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Jimalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #2

Hmm....nobody.
The reason I ask is that I want to permanenetly disable my inverter and as there is no wiring diagram available for it i dont have much to work with. There is however that resettable breaker clearly marked inverter. I am thinking that if I were to pull a wire off that breaker and tape it up I might have accomplished my goal....any thoughts?

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimalberta View Post
Hi yall.....just wondering if anyone has experienced the resettable breaker pop on the inverter portion of their Heart Source Manager? If you had that happen did it kill everything on the Heart box or just cut off the inverter?

Briefly reading manual it calls the breaker inverter/charger breaker like its together.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I believe you lose all 120v output from the inverter circuits, and I think the inverter stops charging as well.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #5

I think you guys are right from what I can see.
Decided to check all my connections in there and found a burnt wire and terminal on the air conditioner lockout strip. Gonna have to do a fix on this. It appears that it is an in and out through a switch in the Inverter so I will need to remove the wires from the strip and I will probably just tie them together for now in case I need AC in the next few weeks. I wont be using the inverter anyhow. Gonna phone Fleetwood and check on this first .....I just hope I can talk to someone who knows anything. Its very difficult getting answers on some of this stuff because the guys they hire have never worked on them.
I went and ordered a new Magnum charger inverter and will replace this damn Heart system when we get home. At least the new system will have a separate transfer switch and its a pure sine wave inverter so the coach will be totally upgraded in that area.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #6

Update on the burnt wire and ruined terminal strip. I talked to Xantrex and they confirmed that it is simply a switch. I asked if terminal strip J4 which is unused on my unit as I dont have floor heat would work and they said yes. So thats what I will do...move the wires from the fried terminal strip to the J4 terminal strip.