Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #1

Heater will not shut off

2020 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M. After using the Aqua heat all night, the the front heaters stay on even after setting the target temperature and turning on the air conditioner. Now both heat and air are on at the same time. I also disconnected the house power at the site breaker to no avail. Any have experience with this?
Allancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #2

From Fleetwood Service

I would try unplugging ac power to the coach. Then turn off aux and main disconnects at the entry door. Wait 1 minute then turn on the disconnects and plug the ac in. This will reset the firefly system and may resolve the problem.

================================================

This fixed my issue.
Allancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allancl View Post
2020 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M. After using the Aqua heat all night, the the front heaters stay on even after setting the target temperature and turning on the air conditioner. Now both heat and air are on at the same time. I also disconnected the house power at the site breaker to no avail. Any have experience with this?
Yep, lots of experience. Too much. We have small forum of 2019 and 2020 owners and several of the 2020 owners have seen this. We have a lot of theories but no real proof of what causes it. There is a thought that Firefly is checking for the set temp is equal to coach temp and the temp jump past this condition so now signal is sent to shut it down. Another thought is that the Aquahot module just misses the signal.

Question: How cold was it? Some think that when the basement heater is running it is more likely to happen. So if it was below 40 degrees out this might have been the case.

MY first thought was Linda (my wife) wanted the coach warmer than I did and hotwired it. I got no proof on that one.

If you are interested in the other group it is here: https://groups.io/g/lmdisco

Cycling the firefly off and then back on is the only way to get it to turn off that I know of. Although it would be interesting to see if turning the setting up to the current temp would get it to turn off. Let me know if you do that and it works.
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:00 AM   #4

Heater will not shut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allancl View Post

What was the problem? Hopefully off by now.

Tags
heat, heater