Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #1

Thumbs down HELP!!

Have any of you out there had problems with getting warranty work done?
Fleetwood has been terrible probably the worst we have ever had on anything we have bought. I need some feedback please help.
rwelchsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am out of warranty but refuse to have any warranty work done at my local Fleetwood dealer, I will do the work myself as I have had to do after the dealer completed the work. Concerning extended warranty work I have not had any problem with that. Good luck. I have recently ordered parts to repair my slide from Fleetwood and there was no charge.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Will your dealer not help? Did you buy an extended? What year is your rig? If the rig sat on a lot for a long time, I have read on this site some manufactures balk at covering anything. It is not to late to buy an extended. Good Luck
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My dealer has been exceptional handling warranty work, both while under factory & now while under extended. I'm convinced having a good dealer is 9/10th's of the battle.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #5

I had a lot of picky work done no problems I even save things till the end of my warr. Right before they bankrup still no problems you didn't say what you have and what's wrong it maybe your dealer not fleedwood I still get good phone help.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you put your year/make/model of coach in your signature (User CP / Settings & Options / Edit Signature) it will help us help you with issues.

Oh, &

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #7

Our unit is a 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta Premium we bought it in July. We have had it in for warranty work 3 times as far all that has been fixed is a leaking black water valve, the door is fixed where you can open it without brut force,and today they fixed a broken latch on the closet door. The problem is we have much more serious issues that Fleetwood refuses to address. Our thermister on our front A/C unit is on the front side over the passenger seat, when it is a sunny day the thermostat goes to 100 degrees and therefore the coach gets very cold and the unit will not go off on its own it has to be manually turned off and on. Our headlights are shining off in the ditch and we have to turn them on bright in order to even see at all while driving. I took a look underneath there is a broken bracket and some one screwed a screw through the park light and broke the seal and now it is holding water when it rains. The light is obviously cock-eyed all you have to do is look at it. The water heater pop off vavle leaks a puddle of water when it is on. The cushions on the booth seats are just worn out already the foam goes down to about a half inch when you sit on them very uncomfortable
We have had it into 2 different dealers and this is what they have told us so far, the light couldn't possibly come from the manufacterer that way so we will probably have to take it back to the dealer we bought it from because they probably did it. Since that dealer is across the country from us that is impossible,they have no solution for the thermister problem and we are the only ones that have complained about it. What kind of answer is that? The water heater valve is only seeping and unless it acually blows off like Old Faithful it is not covered. The cushions who knows. So I guess that is why I am so frustrated I just don't understand why the company won't honor the warranty its like they are just putting us off until the warranty runs out.
I don't know where to turn next I may have to resort to legal action. We are not new to RVing we have been fultimers for 8 years.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #8

The old "customer is always right" and "we aim to please" has went out the window now days and has been replaced with making the almighty dollar instead with most dealers/mfr (RV/autos/etc-makes no difference) then they wonder why the customer doesn't return or reflects negatively on them.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #9

I also have had no problems with Fleetwood. Have you talked to customer relations yourself? I found them to be very helpful. Maybe they would send you a light and you could replace it. The Atwood hot water relief valve is famous for leaking under pressure. Sometimes all it takes is to relieve the pressure once or twice while the water is hot, trying not to spray yourself with hot water. Not sure about the seats but for another $75,000 you could have had Flexsteel. I also would have fixed the lights myself just because it is inconvienent to have to take the coach into the dealer. I have also adjusted my door a few times to make it satisfactory to me. A lot of work but I am retired and not doing too much. I am also thinking about moving the thermister but it is not as extreme as you report. It does heat up with the sun so the thermostat setting is made relative to whatever temperature the thing is reading. Of course I can understand your frustration because I paid an unqualified tech $200 last year to not fix my water heater after I cooled down I called Atwood and they talked me through it. Total bill was $400 when the only problem was that the mixing valve was clogged. So it should have cost nothing but time.

Good luck
pcurt
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wish I had had as few and as minor problems as you. It sounds to me you're having dealer problems, not Fleetwood. I'm going to ask just one question, what kind of attitude do you show up with at the dealer?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only problem I have had was a techinician who did not know his,,, You know what from a hole in the ground... The result was he misdiagnosed the problem (Even I knew he was wrong) and they failed to order the wrong part so no actual work was done..... I got it to a different technician a couple months later and he fixed the problem 100%.

I should point out that I had 2 other problems when I went to the first shop.. (Both took different technicians) and those were fixed very well, no problems since.

The 2nd tech (This was dash air conditioning) was the Damon Factory Service guy.. He knew his business, no quesiton about it.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I may have come across wrong in my above post. I have no problem with Fleetwood at all, they have always been very reasonable with me. My beef is with the local dealer who has employees who are not knowledgeable in their trade or don't care. My local dealer has a reputation for poor service. They will make you a good deal on a RV but the service stinks. I have found dealers who treat you like a king.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #13

In reply,when we show up at the dealer we are as nice as can be and I have spoken to Fleetwood customer service to no avail. Its like we are going around in circles. Fleetwood themselves told me that they had no solution to the thermister problem. In esscence they have told me that I am the only one who has complained of this problem so therefore they won't help you. I don't believe that is good customer service. I beleive the problem is coming from Fleetwood because the service people keep telling me not to shoot the messenger. I believe they want to do the work you know they could use the money with the economy the way it is. When we went in yesterday there wasn't any units in for service.
I guess we'll just forget about it and fix it ourselves from now on, I just wanted to let all what we are going through so it wouldn't happen to some one else.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
One observation - It sounds like you do not have an air gap in the HW tank. If there was one, I would not expect the TPR valve to blow off water.
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote