Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #1

HELP! Front Air ZERO

An airline behind my startup indicator light panel blew off at the fitting. Its the front air and the pressure dropped to zero.

I pulled the panel and it appears the push on fitting came apart.
How does it go back together?

I know the brass tube goes into the airine and the black device that pushes everything down goes in last and then the top part pulls up to lock it in.

Where does the small metal "cage" that goes over the air line go and which side is up? One side has a taper and the other a very small flat edge.

Finally where does the O ring go, below or above the "cage" ?

Called Spartan, they said its not their installation. Called Fleetwood, no after hours support.

Just need to know correct order to put it back together.

Sitting with no front pressure

Thinking when new side cameras were wired in, some tech pulled the panel, disconnected the airline and didn't put it back together correctly. Thats also why I've always had air pressure problems in front system. The connection was slowly leaking.............

No reason that should ever come apart, not a vibration area.

Advise PLEASE ! Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #2

Photo is the parts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180804_124438.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	213888  
Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer23 View Post
Photo is the parts
Hope you got it by now. Have no direct experience with that type of connector.

My guess...that large black piece on the tubing first, then the collar over that, then the tubular fitting inside the tube flange end out of course. No idea on the o-ring...maybe goes on before the cage type collar on large black fitting?

Best of luck.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
If that is a push to connect fitting. They are not really meant to come apart.
If you do get it back together and holding air. I would recommend replacing the fitting.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #5

The black part on the other airline going into the panel is what appears to hold the airline in the back of the panel.

Naturally, the tube insert goes into the airline.

On the panel side where the airline goes in, its a female smooth bore that necks down to accept the airline tube with its insert. Its specific diameter is smaller than the upper portion of the panel connection.

That upper portion is where the rest of the parts go.

That "cage" piece fits very snugly over the outside diameter of the airline, or at least its supposed too. Somehow the O ring goes on and then that black piece locks everything in place. It is a 2 piece item that goes into the bore. You push it down flush with the top of the bore and then pull up on its top flange to expand it to lock everything in place or so it seems looking at the one that's still ok next to it.

Basically, on a bare airline the black piece slips over it first and can slide out of the way for now. Insert the metal tube inside the airline, next either the O ring or the metal cage (which end is up ?). Then its all inserted into the panel back and finally the black piece slides down into the bore and supposedly locks the airline in the panel.

I just down know the cage and O ring sequence or direction of installation.

I really don't want to pull the good one apart to see in case I can't get it back together.

These lines supply data somehow to activate the dash air pressure needles and buzzers.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #6

UPDATE:

For anyone needing to replace that push connector adapter that is part of the supply system behind the start up light dash panel for the dash low air warning lights, buzzer and dials, here is what they are:

Item 1168X4A

1/4" Tube X 11-32 UNF THD PUSH CONNECT M ADAPTER

The new updated style is all metal and can be carefully installed with a open end wrench (carefully).

Got mine at Stuart Hose & Pipe Co. Fort Worth Texas

Hope this may help someone else in the future.

Thanks for those who replied.

Tags
air