Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Help getting Water Filter out of housing

GlenB 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 38N. Has a whole house Flowmatic water Filter housing up in the Water/Sewer Connect Bin. I purchased a filter housing wrench only to find the one I bought was a little too big for my housing. So I am trying to turn the filter housing by hand and have also tried a oil filter wrench I had that clamps around it. Problem is it will turn to the left about 1/8 " and will not turn any futher. It seems to be hitting against something that stops the turn. I can't get to the housing to look at it because they put the blooming thing up under all kind of stuff. Do I dare just forge ahead with this turn to the left or am I dealing with some other kind of filter removal. THe housing is white in color and has a flowmatic label on it. I so need to change this filter on this new to me RV....help tks glen
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Silly question. Did you turn off water and open a faucet to relieve the pressure? Just a thought.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do not have the water hooked up at this time. I did not cut on a facet I will try that...tks glen
Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #4

We have an 06 Bounder 38L. A close relative of yours. The filter is located in a very difficult place. Can't see it and can barely reach it. Finally got mine off to change filter and it just took perserverence. Lefty loosy. Counterclockwise. There is no special catch or notch, just lean into it.
Now my question. Does this only filter water being drawn from the fresh water tank by the pump and not the water from direct hose connection? Or both?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
tks for the help....I am not sure how to answer your question. To this point I always camp using a water hook up at the park. I believe though the filter does filter both from the hose and from the water tank....tks glen

Tags
water