Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Help me find fuse for GFI outlets? 05 Excursion 39L

Looks like something blew the GFI outlet by the lavatory sink. Replaced, still no juice there. Other GFI out in the outside kitchen is also powerless. Assume fuse? But I don't see that circuit id'ed on the fuse block on the bed frame. Check of doc's I have was no help.

All other outlets and devices are fine. Only the two GFI outlets, which are the only two I know of.

Thanks much in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-21-0670.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	162524  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2017, 07:27 AM   #2

It will be a circuit breaker tripped.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe under the bed
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
Looks like something blew the GFI outlet by the lavatory sink. Replaced, still no juice there. Other GFI out in the outside kitchen is also powerless. Assume fuse? But I don't see that circuit id'ed on the fuse block on the bed frame. Check of doc's I have was no help.

All other outlets and devices are fine. Only the two GFI outlets, which are the only two I know of.

Thanks much in advance.
Were the wires loose when you changed it out? If not, you need to investigate the problem further. As already stated, find your breaker panel.

If you get hit with a power surge you may have more problems than just that GFCI. Let us know what you find.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #5

WOW !! I would check the neutral or common on the power source you were hooked up to. Way to much voltage.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah, not sure what caused it. I actually noticed it back during the winter while I was just doing a check up. I had a small, LED night light plugged in to the outlet, and it was pretty well melted.

I think one of the whites was loose when I took it out last night, but couldn't swear to it. I have done GFI's before in my S&B, so I was careful to make sure my four leads and the ground were well seated and tight.

I've tripped and reset all the CBs on the panel on the bed frame, and even checked the fuses just to be sure. Also reset the two CBs out on the front panel of the inverter/charger outside in the battery compartment.

Every other outlet and circuit on the coach works just fine, and none of the outlets anywhere are showing more than about 105/110v with a tester.

Just these two GFIs. I will keep checking around. Thanks to all.

PS - I'm hooked to a 30 amp circuit coming from the house.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #7

My 06 Excursion had a similar issue. Turned out to be a lose wire on an outlet in the cargo bay. Good luck!
Uncle Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roman View Post
My 06 Excursion had a similar issue. Turned out to be a lose wire on an outlet in the cargo bay. Good luck!
Which cargo bay? There's like, 10 of 'em ... and they've all got wires in 'em...
Old 05-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #9

I'm sorry, it was the one in front of the right rear wheel. Mine is a 39S.
Uncle Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #10

Since you said every other outlet works, maybe one leg of your 50 is out. Have you tried running genny.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Since you said every other outlet works, maybe one leg of your 50 is out. Have you tried running genny.
Tha_Rooster

I think he meant all others are working, except these 2. [emoji4]
Old 05-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
Tha_Rooster

I think he meant all others are working, except these 2. [emoji4]
Yes. Actually there are three outlets that seem to be on the same circuit as the GFI - the one in the outside kitchen, and the one next to the loveseat that appears to serve as the ONLY kitchen area outlet. They are labeled as "protected" outlets, but they're not resettable GFI's, just plain ol' outlets.

I haven't tested any of the other outlets outside in the storage areas, but I'd imagine if I can find the breaker that the blown GFI tripped, they'll all come back on line anyway.

I'm also in the process of figuring out the interior surround sound speaker setup and what wires go where and all. I made the boo boo soon after taking possession of sticking a couple of CDs in the factory Panasonic AM/FM/TV/CD/VCR/DVD/ESP/LSMFT/PDQ etc etc etc, which promptly got the carousel stuck halfway in and halfway out, and in my oafish attempts to overcome, managed to destroy the unit completely. I tore it out, and now I have about 27 speakers scattered all over the coach with no way of figuring out which wires go to which speakers.

I hooked up a cheap receiver and managed to find the wires for the three speakers over the loveseat in the BR. 24 to go.... : dance:
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #13

JiminJersey

An old trick I've used is to take a AA battery and momentarily touch a speaker wire to each end and listen to where the sound comes from. In your case, you may need an extra pair of ears. The speaker cone will flex slightly but you will hear a crackle sound. It's faster than hooking them up to a receiver.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #14

I have the same coach am also chasing a GFI problem, but mine is the bedroom floor receptacle that controls the block heater, vacuum cleaner, etc. I got the attached diagrams from Freightliner and maybe they will give you some clues.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 779Basic120V.pdf (345.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf 779120V12VL.pdf (788.0 KB, 56 views)

Tags
fuse