Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2022, 11:51 AM   #1

HELP new owner Bounder 35K

Just bought a 2015 Bounder 35K and got no information other then a generic 2015 owners manual . So I don't know how to start my refrigerator to prepare to go camping (day before) I turned on the big red invertor switch and the command switch inside the MH above the door but the frig. doesn't come on. am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step ? PLEASE HELP
billdunnells is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2022, 12:05 PM   #2

Congrats on the purchase. It will take a bit of time but you will learn the systems eventually. As for the fridge what model is it? Are you plugged into shore power? Is it a residential fridge? Is the propane turned on? Almost every model of rv fridge that isn't residential has a panel on the fridge itself to turn it on either electric, propane or auto.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
When you turned on the remote inverter switch does it say "Invert" on the screen along with a small green light? Batteries charged? Breaker on? Fridge plugged in? Any lights on in Fridge?

Assuming Samsung it has a function to put in Display mode which lights fridge but turns it off. Do a search for you manual.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdunnells View Post
Just bought a 2015 Bounder 35K and got no information other then a generic 2015 owners manual . So I don't know how to start my refrigerator to prepare to go camping (day before) I turned on the big red invertor switch and the command switch inside the MH above the door but the frig. doesn't come on. am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step ? PLEASE HELP
The make and model from the fridge would help us help you.

Mike
Old 09-02-2022, 10:35 AM   #5

You should have got a package of instruction manuals, one for each appliance installed in your RV. Find the one for the refrigerator. Check out the operators instructions.

Please post make and model of appliances you want advice on for better results. Different RV's have different appliances installed.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 10:44 AM   #6

Almost all the manual are here.. many great members here.. have taken their precious time and posted manuals here.. so be ready to download load them.. go to rv appliances section and look down until you come across yours.. download.. or seance yours is a lot newer .. go to manufacture website.. look up your model.. download.. if you plan to keep.. you are going to need them..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 09-02-2022, 12:27 PM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
You should have got a package of instruction manuals, one for each appliance installed in your RV. Find the one for the refrigerator. Check out the operators instructions.

Please post make and model of appliances you want advice on for better results. Different RV's have different appliances installed.
If the OP bought from a dealer more than likely anything not bolted down went into the trash. Seen it more than once. They don't want anything that might identify the the previous owner and the clean up crew isn't going to go through a stack of papers.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:41 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bounder Fridges, when you expect them to run on Propane, must have the the Coach DC power on, propane valve open, Carbon Monoxide alarm on but not alarming, & fridge on AUTO. An easy miss.

For AC power: The coach power must be on, and an inverter on for AC 120V to work when fridge is turned on. We use this on long hwy legs. You may not have an inverter. Not required on shore power.

Last but not least: wait all day for it to get cold the first time if your display does not show an error and locks on the AC or PROPANE.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:57 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdunnells View Post
We just sold or 35K. A great motorcoach. There is a fuse box just Inside the bedroom on the driver's side next to the floor. There is a refrigerator fuse there. Check it. If the inverter is on and you have battery juice or plugged in and the fuse is on you should have a working frig.
PaulVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 01:57 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you are using propane, make sure all the air has been bled from the lines. Never had this problem until propane was empty when I refilled the propane tank. Couldn’t figure out why the frig wouldn’t get cold.
newbie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:55 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2016 35K with Samsung residential fridge. Just wanted to say it does not have an option to run on propane. It’s electric only. I second checking the fuse and check that it is actually plugged in. I contacted REV RV group owners relations and she sent me so much documentation on my RV. She sent me diagrams of plumbing, electrical, Vacuflush, etc. She sent me owners manuals on everything she could put her hands on. Very very helpful. Fleetwood: (800) 509-3417
Edit: mine has two disconnect switches that are black on the wall immediately to the left of entry steps at the bottom. Be sure they’re both flipped up.
Wootieli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new owner, bounder