Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #15
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
And there also may be one or more fuses. I know mine has one on the cable that goes to the inverter and another on the cable to the converter.

I would think that since the OP has one bank that is separated from the others there could be one on that cable too.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:28 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP Kirk View Post
Here is how they should be connected.
Thank you Kirk. It seems simple enough (I think). Will revisit this morning and try again.

Thank you so much for your guidance. I am so upset over this. I guess I was assuming (I know, I should never assume...) that it would be simple.

Thanks again
MiamiDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiDreamer View Post
Good evening Fleetwood Fam,

We have a 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35E. We needed new batteries and bought Trojan T105 (6V). We reached out to someone that the local Trojan office recommended and he came and installed the batteries.

Is there something that I am (or he is) missing? What can I check?

PLEASE HELP.
UPDATE...

Don (from Texas, sorry Don, I do not know your community name), was very helpful. He sent pictures (we have the same unit) but the gentleman that was replacing the batteries still was not able to get them connected. Don even face-timed and he was still not able to do it.

I have called several mobile repair companies and they are all booked up. I am mentally and physically drained. I will pickup where I left off today and try to reach out to other mobile repair companies in the morning.

I would like to thank you all for your kind guidance. I feel very blessed to be part of this community.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #18

Quote:
UPDATE...

Don (from Texas, sorry Don, I do not know your community name), was very helpful. He sent pictures (we have the same unit) but the gentleman that was replacing the batteries still was not able to get them connected. Don even face-timed and he was still not able to do it.

I have called several mobile repair companies and they are all booked up. I am mentally and physically drained. I will pickup where I left off today and try to reach out to other mobile repair companies in the morning.

I would like to thank you all for your kind guidance. I feel very blessed to be part of this community.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening.
Hopefully the pics I sent will help a more experienced RV Technician work through your issue. Contact me if you need more photos.
Don
ScopeGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:12 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Where, in general, are you? Perhaps there is someone watching this thread who is nearby and could help in person?
Old 04-22-2021, 06:41 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just to throw something out there, consider that there is more than one industry that uses storage batteries. Golf carts, forklift/material handling, solar power, marine, floor sweepers and even heavy truck repair places I would guess would/could look at it and find what I'm sure is a very simple and obvious issue here. One of those kinds of suppliers/services should be around you somewhere. The batteries aren't bad, and (I assume) everything worked OK before the swap, so all it's going to take is a set of trained eyes to survey the thing, make a simple correction and down the road you go.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #21

The issue is the RV Tech removed every battery cable, not only from the batteries but from every connection point. Then he had no idea which cable went to or came from where. As I was about to change my four house batteries, same exact year and model coach, I reached out to help. Even with explicit directions and FaceTime he could not get the puzzle back together.

I changed mine out today with no issues. I did them one at a time as I had planned.

I’ve not heard back from her today.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:57 PM   #22
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeGuard View Post
The issue is the RV Tech removed every battery cable, not only from the batteries but from every connection point. Then he had no idea which cable went to or came from where. As I was about to change my four house batteries, same exact year and model coach, I reached out to help. Even with explicit directions and FaceTime he could not get the puzzle back together.

I changed mine out today with no issues. I did them one at a time as I had planned.

I’ve not heard back from her today.
Holy Cow! Sounds like it was an On the Job Training event. I do hope that MiamiDreamer post the name of the shop and person that came out in size 7 font with a red highlight so everyone knows to avoid them.

Not knowing what is meant by "someone that the local Trojan office" (I read that as the local Trojan distributor)I would call them back and ask if they really knew who they were recommending.

I hope MiamiDreamer paid by credit card and disputes the charges or by check and can issue a stop payment. /rant
Old 04-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeGuard View Post
Hopefully the pics I sent will help a more experienced RV Technician work through your issue. Contact me if you need more photos.
Don
Thank you so very much!! You were amazing. I am so grateful that you took the so much time to help me. Thank you!

I was able to get a mobile tech out, who was able to connect everything correctly and everything is working. It cost me $350 These have been by far the most expensive set of batteries I have ever purchased.

I am so glad that everything is working. We are due to go to Asheville this coming week to see my sister who is not in the best of health, so getting everything to work was important to me.

Thanks again for all your support.

Safe travels
Old 04-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean n Mike View Post
Where, in general, are you? Perhaps there is someone watching this thread who is nearby and could help in person?
Hi Dean, thank you for the suggestion. The problem is solved, but I am in Miami. Like the weather (the humidity not so much), hate the traffic.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Good evening Fleetwood Fam,

We have a 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35E. We needed new batteries and bought Trojan T105 (6V). We reached out to someone that the local Trojan office recommended and he came and installed the batteries.

He seemed confused and although we were told that he "knows" RVs, he tried multiple times to place all the cables correctly but struggled.

Although he believes that everything is correct, we have ZERO power to the panel or the RV. He said that there has to be a "reset" button somewhere because the batteries are wired correctly and there is no power.

Any guidance??? I am blind here. We are scheduled to leave on Monday (26th) and we wanted to head out with new house batteries. I would really like to still make the trip.

Is there something that I am (or he is) missing? What can I check?

PLEASE HELP.

Here is my 2015 Excursion 35B battery hookup.

I’m so glad you were able to get the situation resolved. Make sure you lose that poor guys contact info. Safe travels!

Don
Old 04-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Thank you so very much!! You were amazing. I am so grateful that you took the so much time to help me. Thank you!

I was able to get a mobile tech out, who was able to connect everything correctly and everything is working. It cost me $350 These have been by far the most expensive set of batteries I have ever purchased.

I am so glad that everything is working. We are due to go to Asheville this coming week to see my sister who is not in the best of health, so getting everything to work was important to me.

Thanks again for all your support.

Safe travels
I'm glad you got the batteries hooked up correctly and you are happy. However, for someone to come to you and find everything they would need on sight and hook batteries up correctly and have the nerve to charge $350 for their service is no less then Highway Robbery IMO.
How long did it actually take the tech. to connect the batteries?
Old 04-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #27

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I'm glad you got the batteries hooked up correctly and you are happy. However, for someone to come to you and find everything they would need on sight and hook batteries up correctly and have the nerve to charge $350 for their service is no less then Highway Robbery IMO.
How long did it actually take the tech. to connect the batteries?
Suppose you're the tech, just for a moment. It's an hour there, and an hour back. Maybe it took 90 minutes to figure out what's wrong, determine whether any damage was done, and then connect everything the right way. And it was urgent, so maybe other clients waited and the OP paid a premium to get it done, *today*.

Without knowing any of this, $350 might actually be fair.

But while I'm glad things are operational again, I think the OP might well have a valid small claims court case against the original installer if it's thought worth pursuing upon return to Miami, and ought to pursue redress from whoever that was before filing.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:48 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K5LXP View Post
Just to throw something out there, consider that there is more than one industry that uses storage batteries. Golf carts, forklift/material handling, solar power, marine, floor sweepers and even heavy truck repair places I would guess would/could look at it and find what I'm sure is a very simple and obvious issue here. One of those kinds of suppliers/services should be around you somewhere. The batteries aren't bad, and (I assume) everything worked OK before the swap, so all it's going to take is a set of trained eyes to survey the thing, make a simple correction and down the road you go.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Hi Mark,
Thank you for the suggestion, but that is where I went wrong. The gentleman that caused all the issue, installed Golf cart batteries, but did NOT mention that he had never done an RV. He took the batteries apart before taking pictures/videos or simply take one battery off at-a-time and reconnect that one battery with the others as the one he just removed. This probably won't happen with others, but sadly, it did with me. BTW, he was recommended by a lady at Trojan and she told my husband that he had experience with RVs. Go figure...

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate your support. It did not work out for me, but that does not mean that it may not be a great situation for someone else in the forum.

Thanks again for your guidance.
Safe travels.

Tags
batteries, battery, house batteries, no power, power