Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #1

Help! Vacuflush Repair

I have an 08 Bounder 35H. I can see the pump from the second to the last trunk on the passenger side and have removed the access panel in the pass through trunk. My problem is I an 72 and 200lbs. I cannot fit in either location and need to replace the vacuum switch (which I am told is on "global backorder) which I can see but not reach. Has anyone any ideas or way to better access the vacuum generator (Dometic VG3)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220624_162759.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	369372  
Msmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoot View Post
I have an 08 Bounder 35H. I can see the pump from the second to the last trunk on the passenger side and have removed the access panel in the pass through trunk. My problem is I an 72 and 200lbs. I cannot fit in either location and need to replace the vacuum switch (which I am told is on "global backorder) which I can see but not reach. Has anyone any ideas or way to better access the vacuum generator (Dometic VG3)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
know a good boat mechanic? these systems are used in boats and possibly a boat repair shop may have the switch and a tech looking for work.
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:41 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ask around for a skinny younger mechanic. Under cabinet drawers in the bedroom is a resetable circuit breaker, try this first.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:28 AM   #4

I live in a rural area not many boat mechanics here. I did place an ad for any skinny mechanic.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:36 AM   #5

Placed an ad for one. As far as the breaker. It runs but it slow to kick on after a flush. Light does not change to red right away. All things point to a slow, sticking vacuum senser. I am waiting for a call today from a Dometic dealer out of New York that say they might have an alternative to the back ordered switch. Once I have that, then I will have to continue the search for someone small enough to install it. I would really like to hear from someone that has actual experience with problem on this model on how the got to the pump and installed the switch. I have read it is a common problem as the switch is prone to failure after 10 to 12 years. I fall in the category.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:10 AM   #6

If you are gong to diagnose and fix the problem one needs a vacuum tester. Get the one from Dometic and follow the troubleshooting guide. It can be many things. You can try and replace this then that and ultimately another. It's worth the money IMO.
Best of luck, from someone who spent 6 months trying this then that and ultimately another with the Vacuflush system.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:59 AM   #7

I appreciate all the input but really looking for experience actually getting the thing out of this particular model.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:50 PM   #8

I know I don't sound very appreciative for input but the problem has been diagnosed by two professional and both agree it's the switch. Again my problem is replacing it. Need someone who has actually worked on an 35H to give me some clues on how to get it out for service.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:44 PM   #9

I have had good luck with local Independent RV Mechanics . Most are certified for the major systems in our RV's .

I Google "Mobile RV Mechanic near me" .

I've had Vacuflush Toilets in my boats for the last 20 years. They are reliable , simple , and easy to work on , as long as there's good access .

When you find a mechanic , you might inquire about relocating the Vacuflush to a more accessable location for future servicing .
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:03 AM   #10

Here is a great video showing how to remove from Bounder as well as how to rebuild.

https://youtu.be/vANMHEej3hQ
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:09 PM   #11

Vacuflush toilet won't run

2015 33c and having vacuflush problem too. I've had no issues with it at all and after coming home from last camping trip I have only a red indicator light but the motor won't run the pump. There isn't a plug or any leaking it ran fine. I did have high level light on tank before I drain and rinsed and thats gone but still pump won't run. I've checked breakers and fuses that I can find. I have both access panels removed and its a tight fit but can get to it. I'm just at a loss as to what all to check since it hasn't given me any trouble it just stopped running.
ks97045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:25 PM   #12

Vacuflush access

I have a 2014 bounder 35k, pump and vacuum tank is in same location as yours. I'm 6'2" and over 300 pounds, couldn't access mine. So a cut a hole in the floor of the pass through bay, up between the frame rails. Its about 18" square. Now I can just sit on the ground and work on pump or vacuum switch, no problem. Added a aluminum diamond plate cover panel, and all's good.
I've owned my bouncer for 4 years and have had to replace bellows and duck bills twice.
Larry35k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoot View Post
I appreciate all the input but really looking for experience actually getting the thing out of this particular model.
I pulled the entire system out of that little space to work on it. There are I think 4 bolts holding the tank in place that are like barrel bolts so just loosening them I was able to move the tank. Then I disconnected the inlet and outlet hoses. You gotta hold your mouth just right to get to the bolts and maneuver it out. Also the pump is bolted down as well. Itís a frustrating job. Iíve pulled mine out twice now. I have a love/hate relationship with mine (sigh)
Wootieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:27 AM   #14

Larry 35k,Thanks. I think you have the first workable idea I've heard. How do seal the diamond plate? Do have any issues with water infiltration around the plate? Could you post a couple of pics?

Tags
air, repair