Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Help -water leak

I have been winter camping. I have a water leak,looks to be fresh water. Lets see if i can explain. I have checked the water heater and tolit and no leaks. No water can i see around utility bay on the opposite side. Can not see any water around the freash water tank. Nor the kitchen. The water is leaking around the 2nd door from the rear which is under the rear slide out. Not sure how to access that area find the leak. I know the gray and black tanks are in that area not sure what else. Any help would be great.

John list
2000 Fleetwood. Southwind
USMC 1981-1993
JWLSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #2

Most water leaks seen dripping are not sourced from where you see them, but instead downstream of wherever you see it. Are you hearing your water pump cycle on/off when you're not using any water? This will help determine if it's a holding tank or in pressurized plumbing - which may help you track things down.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Yes the pump is running when all water is off.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #4

Nothing worse than a leaking pipe in the wintertime. I feel for you. With the pump cycling and all faucets off sure makes it look like a broken water pipe/tube/fitting. Now to find it!

I'm afraid I won't be much help in finding the leak other than saying start with the easy to see/feel pipes and then work from there. As 94-Newmar said in his/her post the water could be from some place further away from the actual spot where you see it coming out.

I sorry I couldn't be any help.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Here is what i have so far today. The leak is on the passenger side to the rear of the tolit. I have looked under the floor in the area where the fresh water take and waste tanks are. No viable signs of water. The water is seeping out around the top of the base ment doors. Right now that is telling me the leak ids above the floor. I don't see any way to get to pipes above floor on the passenger rear. Likely a fitting. I have a plumbing diagram that shows a cold line above floor. Now how to get to.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
So i had the pump for the refrigerator crack last night. That is when i noticed the water pump running.I was able turn off the valve and stop it. But the pump continued to run. About the same time the tolit water stopped. Water coming out from around basement doors and under floor. The water i'm seeing 3 or 4 feet from where the frig Could be from it not sure. So turned off water last night. This morning turn water on still no tolit water and pump running. All other faucets have water. I went into the utility bay and turned fauset handles tight, And now pump shuts off when i turn fauset off. I also put a small heater in where the tolit line is exposed in the basement and now have water in tolit. No new water out side around basement doors. I hope i have solved the problem.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #7

Good luck and I hope you have figured it out. BTW, where are you set up? How cold is it getting?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Im in south Carolina. It is getting down to 15 at nights.

I'm on shore water and the pump is kicking on when i open a value. The pump is turning off after i shut the value,but the light is staying on. It is like i can not turn the pump off. I believe usually when I'm on shore water The pump does not run. Any ideas
Old 01-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #9

You stated you were on "shore water". Do you have a hose connected to the RV with temperatures down to "15 at night"?

It is my understanding if you are connected to city (shore) water, and the hose is not frozen, and the water pressure is equal to or greater than the pressure the pump is putting out, then the pump will not run.

Now if the city hose is frozen, or maybe the screen is clogged or hose is kinked so no water is flowing, then the pump will run when you turn on a faucet.

Now here is where I am confused. You stated " pump for the refrigerator crack last night". What pump for refrigerator?

Just looking for a little clarification to help me understand.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
The little pump for the refrigerator Ice maker split and had to close off with the valve on the frig. Now the fresh water hose is heated. The pressure regulator inside the utility bay is reading 40 lbs.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #11

On my Pace, the light doesn't mean the pump is running, it just means the circuit is energized with power to the pump, and if the OUTLET side of the pump's pressure drops (someone turns on a faucet) then the pump will come on and continue to run until pressure builds up on the outlet side (faucet was turned off).
So when I turn the switch on for the water pump, the light comes on and will stay on until it's turned off.
This is true even when I'm on shore water.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak