Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Help with 04 Bounder

Hello friends.

Hope someone can help me with a frustrating problem. On our 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35B we winterized and part of that was shutting off the Norcold fridge.

We have left the coach plugged in during this time. We have someone coming in to see our RV which is for sale and when we turned on the Fridge NOTHING.

Worked great when we shut it dow but it is not getting power.

I checked all batteries are fully charged
I checked shore power and all outlets and power is on just fine.
I have the manual and it mentions a fuse on the fridge but not where. I also found the Inteli Power 9100 converter and confirmed it is not running. I checked the 3 fuses and the outlet it is plugged into and fuses are good and outlet is hot. Just nothing happening with the converter.

All house fuses are on and the only GFCI outlet is fine as well.

All ideas are welcome. Thank you very much.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Did you switch the battery disconnect to the off position ? There is also a "salesman switch" 12volt disconnect by the entry door sometimes that can turn off 12 volt power to the coach but I don't think that would stop the converter from charging. The battery disconnect will. No matter what setting you use for the fridge A/C or LP you must have 12 volt power for it to work.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Did you switch the battery disconnect to the off position ? There is also a "salesman switch" 12volt disconnect by the entry door sometimes that can turn off 12 volt power to the coach but I don't think that would stop the converter from charging. The battery disconnect will. No matter what setting you use for the fridge A/C or LP you must have 12 volt power for it to work.
Agree. No power to the fridge and the converter is not running. No fan. I plugged the co in remotely to see if outlet was issue but still the converter is dead.

New swap out is $221.00 on Amazon. I’m going for it.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Norcold fridge won’t start

I did not digging and found that my converter is in fact working. Found out I do not have an inverter.
All breakers fine.
All fuses good.
On shore power but not getting to control panel.

Am I missing a fuse on the fridge itself somewhere?
Old 12-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #5

If everything else is working and the fridge is dead there is a switch that may need to be reset. I had to do it once on mine. If you take the cover off on the outside the switch is located there. It is a small box and it has a light that will be red if it is off. You will have to use a magnet to reset it. Run the magnet over the surface and you will hear it click when it resets. If you search on here RESET FRIDGE USING MAGNET you will see posts about it.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmillman View Post
If everything else is working and the fridge is dead there is a switch that may need to be reset. I had to do it once on mine. If you take the cover off on the outside the switch is located there. It is a small box and it has a light that will be red if it is off. You will have to use a magnet to reset it. Run the magnet over the surface and you will hear it click when it resets. If you search on here RESET FRIDGE USING MAGNET you will see posts about it.
Awesome . Checking it today and many thanks.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you very much

Thank you very much everyone. Fridge working.

Had nothing to do with the converter. I know understand what the difference between converter and inverter is. I don’t have an inverter in my Bounder.

There is a small black box with a small board in it that is the problem. My son looked our model up and there was a great tutorial on what to checkout in steps. Found we had 12 volts coming in but not out. Isolated the board and fridge fired right up. New board is less than $75.00.

Thank you again.

Tags
bounder