Originally Posted by Blonde
How do I start the generator on my pace arrow 97? Can anyone answer that for me please. do I have to have the engine running to start the generator?
The simple answer to your questions;
- Press and hold the start button until the generator starts.
- NO, you don't have to have the engine running (unless the house batteries are not fully charged)
With that said, there are a few things that you do need;
- You do need to have the battery disconnect switch (by the entry door) ON to activate the house batteries.
- You need to have sufficient power in the batteries to crank and start the generator (you can start the main engine for assistance with the power)
- You need at least 1/4 tank of gas in the motorhome main tank.
Your 5K generator does NOT have the prime feature, mentioned in an earlier reply, but you can effectively prime it by letting it rest a few seconds after the first start attempt. It should start on subsequent attempts.