Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

How do these video connections work?

Below is a snapshot of a video connection which is located under the television in the main living area of our Bounder 33C. Haven't yet figured out what it's for but my guess is that these are composite video connections that could be used by plugging in some kind of device and then changing the source on the TV to view that output? Or perhaps it's for output not input?

Not sure what the knob is for either.

tymzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #2

It’s a composite video with audio. The yellow is your video and the red and white your audio (left and right). Usually it’s used to switch a device from the front tv to the back tv. You should have an input and two outputs, one in the front and one in the back. Not sure if yours is setup exactly like that but that is how they are generally setup.
Masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:46 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Those are A/V inputs. On our coach, one set is behind a shelf beside the big TV, where I'd presume you would place a game, such as Xbox.

We also have set above the dash, below that TV. I've thought about using them to connect the laptop with Google Maps to it. But ours is a 10-yar old coach; I doubt they put them on newer ones because wireless is now the way to go for this purpose.

In each case, the TV input selector would give you access.
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbrewer View Post
It’s a composite video with audio. The yellow is your video and the red and white your audio (left and right). Usually it’s used to switch a device from the front tv to the back tv. You should have an input and two outputs, one in the front and one in the back. Not sure if yours is setup exactly like that but that is how they are generally setup.
Thanks for the input. I do believe there are also composite connections in the BR area. I'll have to check that when back at the coach. I do know there's also a coax cable connection in the BR and not at all what that's for. The previous owner did have a satellite on the roof which is no longer there so I assume that many of the connections I'm finding are somehow related to that.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al n Cindy View Post
Those are A/V inputs. On our coach, one set is behind a shelf beside the big TV, where I'd presume you would place a game, such as Xbox.

We also have set above the dash, below that TV. I've thought about using them to connect the laptop with Google Maps to it. But ours is a 10-yar old coach; I doubt they put them on newer ones because wireless is now the way to go for this purpose.

In each case, the TV input selector would give you access.
Interesting thought re. displaying Google Maps as I have had the same idea! Also thought about how one might connect a rear view camera to display on the dash TV-- mindful of course of the caution one would have to observe with that kind of potential distraction. But at the same time, something that might be pretty useful for my co-pilot.

Problem is I don't see any way-- or at least any easy way to gain access to the ports on that TV. I does have HDMI ports and I assume more than one but beats me how to get at the back of the thing.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #6

With the TV remote find your input selections and select the composite video input. You do not have to get to the back of the TV to do this.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by garym114 View Post
With the TV remote find your input selections and select the composite video input. You do not have to get to the back of the TV to do this.
Right, I realize that. What I'm saying is that I'd like to be able to access the other ports-- HDMI or PC-- for other purposes.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymzee View Post

Not sure what the knob is for either.
Is there a translucent panel above your TV? If so, there are lights up there and that knob controls the brightness.