Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 04:30 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
How Do You Find The "Built As" information On Your Rig?

I am looking for information regarding the "Built As" information regarding my 04 Fleetwood Bounder. Any suggestions or links?

Thank you in advance.
DavidnVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 04:35 PM   #2

Chassis or coach?

If Workhorse - Ed Gray on this site is an awesome resource for WH.

I think there is a resource for Ford - others may chime in there.

And others may chime in specifics for Fleetwood as well.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
As for the Fleetwood part you're pretty much SOL. The current owners of Fleetwood, REV, bought the company from bankruptcy in 2008ish and have no information on your coach.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:03 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't know what you mean by "Built As information". Since I had an 06 gas Bounder, I might be able to help if you'll tell me what you mean by that.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:02 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

If it's a diesel Bounder, you can find the chassis info under Fleetwood at Coaches | Freightliner Chassis RV

Rev Group stopped providing "as built" info, schematics, etc for older models, claiming they don't have pre-bankruptcy data. That's a lie - they provided it for a few years but later cut back on any & all customer help on older models. Pure cost saving measure.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:53 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
A "Built As" would be a PDF file of how my particular Bounder is configured. Showing how it is wired and plumbed. Wire routes, wire harness, relays, panel locations, inverter and converter locations, etc. Basically a builders plan, as all common model Bounders were not the same. The files would show me locations to the possible issue areas. Some issues can have 5 different possible solutions. Right now my issue is the main slide. It seems I have tried anything I can think of to remedy the issue. No luck yet. These "Build As" files would save so much time! There has to be some floating out there somewhere. No engineer would build without a plan...hopefully I'll find it. I am staying hopeful ( :
DavidnVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:13 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we bought our Bounder in 2007 I sent an email to their Customer Service folks and received a set of drawings - electrical schematics for both AC and DC wiring; plumbing schematics, paint color codes, etc. They have since been through bankruptcy and purchase and I've heard that they no longer have the documentation for our older units. You could try contacting REV and asking if they know of any archives available...
Old 05-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks for the definition, DavidnVal. I did what Alan did. At about the 2 year mark, we wanted to move the bedroom TV from the swing out cabinet to over the rear window. I asked FW to send me all the schematics they had on our coach & they happily obliged. It's sad REV didn't keep (or doesn't want to help by sending) those files.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:40 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
It can be found on the Fleetwood site I believe. I have a 2004 Southwind and found our build using the vin #.
It appeared they have a listing of every MH they ever built.
wabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:21 PM   #10

If you are looking for the "built as" chassis info, try these if Ford or Chevy.

Ford: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php

Chevy: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php
chams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabear View Post
It can be found on the Fleetwood site I believe. I have a 2004 Southwind and found our build using the vin #.
It appeared they have a listing of every MH they ever built.
Can you provide a little more information regarding where on their website you found the information?
GB76087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:06 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, my bad. Go to the REV site, revrvparts.com and in the search section at the top enter your vin #. It will show the motorhome and the parts and materials used to manufacture it. All the part numbers are there although 95% are not available. Hope this helps you out.
wabear is offline   Reply With Quote