Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #1

How long will batteries last????

How long will the batteries keep the fridge running? Only using the batteries, and I have a solar charger! I am at 3 days now, just checking to see if we are really in nowhere trying to determine how long I can last with out starting gennie or plugging in.

How long will the airbags hold air (without any deflation) from the time the motor is shut off? day, days weeks etc...

How long did it take you to get your first real scratch?

How long will you keep water in your fresh water tank before dumping and refilling?

If you are dumping your grey and black tanks at each use and never allowing it to build up or tanks to remain holding more than a day or so, why do you need to use chemicals?
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2018, 05:51 PM   #2

What kind of fridge do you have. If propane, the fridge takes very little 12 volt to run. If its a residential fridge, that totally depends on how much battery power you have to work with. The air bags depend on if they have any leakage. Some deflate when you lower the jacks, at least mine seem to. I have never put any big scratches on either motorhome I have owned, {knocking on wood}, but I have seen other people scrap the whole side the first weekend they took it out. {I tried to stop him}. The water in my tank is fine for a week in my opinion. Any longer, I generally put in some tank freshener, which is basically chlorine. If you fill the tank with city water, it already has chlorine in it, so no need to add anything for quite some time. When in doubt, empty and refill. Mine doesnt really last long enough to worry about it. The only time I ever put chemicals in my black tank is if it is sitting a bit between empties. Otherwise I dont use them. I leave my rv at my cottage sometimes for several weeks in the summer. I cant dump it there, and dont want to travel to a dump station for minimal usuage, so then I would add some treatment to the tank. Others opinions may vary, but that is mine. Cheers.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWright View Post
How long will the batteries keep the fridge running? Only using the batteries, and I have a solar charger! I am at 3 days now, just checking to see if we are really in nowhere trying to determine how long I can last with out starting gennie or plugging in.

How long will the airbags hold air (without any deflation) from the time the motor is shut off? day, days weeks etc...

How long did it take you to get your first real scratch?

How long will you keep water in your fresh water tank before dumping and refilling?

If you are dumping your grey and black tanks at each use and never allowing it to build up or tanks to remain holding more than a day or so, why do you need to use chemicals?

UPDATE,,, Residential fridge. Not sure if I can run it on propane, have not checked. We have been home from our last trip for 3 days and the fridge is still good. I will plug it in tomorrow just in case.
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWright View Post
UPDATE,,, Residential fridge. Not sure if I can run it on propane, have not checked. We have been home from our last trip for 3 days and the fridge is still good. I will plug it in tomorrow just in case.

Residential is electric only, so if it’s running you running off converter and batteries. Check battery voltage.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Residential is electric only, so if it’s running you running off converter and batteries. Check battery voltage.

not meaning to correct you
but it runs off the inverter

Tags
batteries