Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2021, 07:11 PM   #1

How many fuse blocks?

I have a 2007 FW Bounder 38N DP. I replaced all 4 of the 6 volt deep cycle batteries yesterday. While I was connecting them all up, I arced one of the wires on the wrong terminal. The only thing that doesn't work in the coach is the two roof top a/c's. The LCD, 2 zone thermostat is blank, it usually reads/shows the room temp whether the stat is in heat, cool, or off mode.

Question is, is there a barrel (glass) fuse in the thermostat? How many 12 volt fuse blocks are there in this coach? I found one under the "doghouse" area between the driver and passenger, but there's only 6 or 7 fuses in that block. I'd like to know if anyone that has this same coach knows of any other fuse blocks. None of the fuses on the inverter/charger are tripped.

Just trying to get a little information before I start troubleshooting in the dark.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is a 2amp fuse inside the base of the thermostat.

Besides the 2 fuse blocks under the dash, there is a fuse block back in the bedroom on mine, near the circuit breaker panel.
There is another bank of fuses in the Battery Control Central, which should be near your battery bank in an basement compartment. Another fuse block for the tow plug and ECM functions is found on the passenger side compartment rear of the tires.

Good luck. Hope it's just a fuse that popped on the thermostat.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
YC1

Try turning the batteries on and off to do a reset. Blank screen via (typing) could mean a couple of things. Could be, dead/cold or could mean, does not show digits but has backlight etc.

I am not familiar with your RV but mine has fuse boxes all over the darn place. One in the bedroom closet for example that supplies lots of house stuff. Two in a cabinet on the passenger side near the rear bumper area. One in the battery compartment. Two in the front compartment below the driver.

You get the idea. Sorry I'm not much help here.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
There is a 2amp fuse inside the base of the thermostat.

Besides the 2 fuse blocks under the dash, there is a fuse block back in the bedroom on mine, near the circuit breaker panel.
There is another bank of fuses in the Battery Control Central, which should be near your battery bank in an basement compartment. Another fuse block for the tow plug and ECM functions is found on the passenger side compartment rear of the tires.

Good luck. Hope it's just a fuse that popped on the thermostat.

I'm sort of figuring it's the fuse in the stat itself since everything else in the MH works. And yeah, I knew there there had to be more blocks somewhere, that one wasn't enough for all the stuff these things have in them.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #5

Well I found another fuse block. It was in the bedroom under the bed. There were two blown fuses in there, one was to the t-stat, and I don't know what the other one was for, but I replaced it anyway. That fixed the t-stat/ac, furnace problem.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
YEA!!
Old 05-02-2021, 04:42 PM   #7

I know there's another one somewhere because the porch light isn't working. It may be the one under the doghouse area. I didn't check the fuses there with the ohm meter, just pulled them and looked at them.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #8
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer 516NG View Post
I know there's another one somewhere because the porch light isn't working. It may be the one under the doghouse area. I didn't check the fuses there with the ohm meter, just pulled them and looked at them.
Use a 12 volt test light and touch each end of the fuses for a quick test. If it lights on one end and not the other the fuse is bad.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Use a 12 volt test light and touch each end of the fuses for a quick test. If it lights on one end and not the other the fuse is bad.

That's how I found the first two bad ones. The other fuse block is made a little different, can't get to the prongs with the leads, it's a real "block".
Old 05-05-2021, 08:06 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ahhhhhh... The Great Fuse Block Search of 2021!

Whenever I find a fuse block, I write a note to myself (and the poor unfortunate soul that needs to troubleshoot problems in the future) in the BounderBinder (a coined word) that lives in the compartment above the driver's side dashboard in my rig. I also write notes in the various sections, such as "This fuse block is the same block mentioned in the Ford F35 manual on page 67" because I have too often found myself looking for something I'd already found.

And, by the way, I FOUND the fuse for the dashboard power outlets (formerly called "Cigar lighters")! It was a 20 amp MAX fuse in the distribution box above the radiator in the engine compartment. My wife can now charge her cell phone without my needing shore power or running the generator. That's a good thing.

On the road again,
Frank
Old 05-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer 516NG View Post
That's how I found the first two bad ones. The other fuse block is made a little different, can't get to the prongs with the leads, it's a real "block".
To Flyer516:

Those refuse-to-pull-out fuses are usually secured with a bolt or setscrew on the underside for security. Yes, that usually requires getting to the back side of the fuse block and there is nothing in that task resembling fun. While looking for those beasties I use an angled dental mirror (wrangled from my dentist) for peering behind things, but I remember seeing such inspection mirrors for sale at AutoZone and similar auto parts stores.

On the road again,
Frank
Old 05-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankmerrill View Post
To Flyer516:

Those refuse-to-pull-out fuses are usually secured with a bolt or setscrew on the underside for security. Yes, that usually requires getting to the back side of the fuse block and there is nothing in that task resembling fun. While looking for those beasties I use an angled dental mirror (wrangled from my dentist) for peering behind things, but I remember seeing such inspection mirrors for sale at AutoZone and similar auto parts stores.

On the road again,
Frank

These hard-to-get-to fuses are the regular colored plastic fuses. They're just hard to get out without using needle nose pliers.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:15 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Fleetwood Soufhwind also has one under the Refregiator.
Digger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger01 View Post
My Fleetwood Soufhwind also has one under the Refregiator.

There's a drawer under my refer. But next to it is a "vented" cover. I know the front furnace is behind there, but there could possibly be a fuse block there too.

Tags
fuse