Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Wow, that's just insane that someone thought this is the best they could do! Thanks for saving me the trouble of going from the front.
Ya, because I will need in there at least twice a year to winterize/dewinterize the ice maker line I plan to either put hinges on the whole panel or add some kind of trap door. It is not like the 1/8" board is adding any kind of insulation... Actually now that I have said that... It might be worth adding some!

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Ya, because I will need in there at least twice a year to winterize/dewinterize the ice maker line I plan to either put hinges on the whole panel or add some kind of trap door. It is not like the 1/8" board is adding any kind of insulation... Actually now that I have said that... It might be worth adding some!
Well, the good news is we haven't noticed any cold drafts coming in from there, but we don't live in Siberia and have no plans to do so!

It might make sens to add a door that can give easy access, though. I think I'll tear into it tomorrow and see how it looks.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #17

Posting this picture so that future Bounder owners can see what they're up against.

Removed everything from under the sink, removed two thin panels which were held in by 5 Phillips screws each, and this is what you see.

There's a lot going on in here, but the main things are:
the tv is held in by four screws directly through the metal frame (there is no adjustable mount); if you want to remove the tv, you'll want to have a friend outside to remove it as you take out the last screw
the yellow tube is the icemaker line and the shutoff is available if you don't use yours
the thin tan cable is an old-school radio antenna; haven't seen one of these in about 20+ years
if you are concerned about insulation, it could be easily added
Old 06-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #18

Yep.Remove the steel panel behind the tv with the phillips screws. The whole rear wall of the mounting comes out leaving access to all the wires behind the kitchen wall.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #19
CLR

Thats Right, Remove the 6 screws that will bring out the TV and the metal plate then the 4 screws on the back of that metel plate will release the TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Anyone ever taken their outside tv out of the mount on a newer Bounder? I was trying to see if I had any room behind it for a satellite receiver box, but I couldn't figure out how to remove it. I did see one person suggest removing the six Phillips screws (three on each side) of the mount, which would release the entire mounting system, but before I do that, was wondering if there is a trick I'm missing. There is SO little room to get your hands in anywhere and I am not a huge guy!!!

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #20

This. Most directv boxes have an RF remote capability that allows use of the remote even with a hidden box. We have the box in the matrix cabinet and control the channels from outside while watching tv. Program the remote for the tv and your volume is solved too.

1 quick question... Does your Sat box need to go there? or could you connect it to your Matrix and be able to broadcast to all 4 TV's?[/QUOTE]
Old 07-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Oh Bother. Looking at that I wonder if it might not be more practical in the long run to change the way the TV is mounted if you have to go to all that effort just to change a cable or mount a satellite box. And goodness help, if with that kind of external frame, you ever need to replace the existing unit.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mromberg1 View Post
This. Most directv boxes have an RF remote capability that allows use of the remote even with a hidden box. We have the box in the matrix cabinet and control the channels from outside while watching tv. Program the remote for the tv and your volume is solved too.

1 quick question... Does your Sat box need to go there? or could you connect it to your Matrix and be able to broadcast to all 4 TV's?
If I can control from outside (while the Dish Sat box is in the bedroom cabinet), no I don't need the box to go there. Unfortunately, with my DirecTV box, the signal does not go through walls. I use DirecTV at my northern campground because it is provided for free. No sense in spending $100 per month to save a few steps. I will use Dish when travelling and at my Florida campground which will cover nine-ish months in a non-pandemic year.

Currently, I am just using the bedroom tv box pushed through the 4x4 matrix, which allows me to view outside. The only drawbacks are, I have to set everything up on the bedroom tv first, and that takes the bedroom tv out of action for anyone else to watch. When I have the Dish boxes later this year, we should be able to watch either box from any tv.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
Oh Bother. Looking at that I wonder if it might not be more practical in the long run to change the way the TV is mounted if you have to go to all that effort just to change a cable or mount a satellite box. And goodness help, if with that kind of external frame, you ever need to replace the existing unit.
They've got that thing pretty tightly crammed in there. I've looked at it and can't imagine how I could put a different mount in there that would allow me to tilt the tv, etc. Would love it if I could but I don't have the metal fabrication skills that I think would be needed.