RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #1

How to Remove the Front TV

I'm going to upgrade to a different front TV from the stock 29" Samsung. I can't figure out how to pull the Samsung out. I had hoped it was mounted on an arm and would pull out but it seems pretty solid. Can't see any way to remove the wood panel around it.

How do you remove it? Any vids, links, suggestions ??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #2

On my rev I took the screws out of front wood trim which came off easy and thereís the tv just sitting there.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #3

The TVs edges are above and extend slightly over the wood. As if the wood panel was mounted first and then the TV second. When I pull on each side of the TV I can see between the wood and the TV but don't see anything that would be holding the TV in place. That's the reason I figured it was mounted on an arm that would extend and or tilt.
I'm not seeing a way of getting the partial ceiling over the dash but under the TV removed to see what's behind the TV.
I'm thinking maybe I just need to pull a bit harder. Something has to give
Old 09-07-2019, 05:19 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
the tv slides up then the bottom pulls out from the mount. mine was pretty tight I guess so it stays put while traveling.
2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs, 1 wife
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #5

I have a 2007 38V Bounder which is exactly like yours. The Samsung is actually a 26" screen with side speakers and is easily removed. Shine a flashlight on either side and you will see 3 screws behind the tv on a wall bracket you can reach with a long phillips screw driver. You can do it yourself easier if someone is holding the tv. I replaced mine with a Smart 32 Samsung and built a frame exactly like the cabinet frames left and right and stained to dead match. Looks better than factory. I also replaced my back tv too but LG was a better fit 26 I think it was.

2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38V Full Wall Cat 300
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #6

I appreciate the suggestions but so far no such luck.
The face of my TV just slightly over hangs the opening. It's maybe 1/4 to 1/2" on each side. It is a flat panel but the guts of the TV that are like a hump on the back are pretty much fitted into the hole in the cabinetry. There isn't any sliding it up and out at the bottom. I did try but there just isn't enough give to get it out far enough to be able to slide it up.

I've been around the TV on all sides a couple times with a flashlight and all I see is the wood from the back of the cabinet. I can pull the TV out enough to give some clearance to see between the TV and the wood frame but I don't see anything other than the wood at the back of the cabinet. From pulling on it and the way it tips from side to side, top to bottom it feels like it's bolted to the center of the rear of the TV.

Still looking for a way to get the trim pulled out to get to it. Tried to find a way to get the wall of the audio/video cabinet out as it would allow me to see behind the TV but can't see a way to remove.

I'm not in any big hurry but at some point I do want to go with a Bluetooth enabled set.
Anyone else, anyone with photos they could post or send me?
Old 09-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #7

Look again. It doesn't pull away. There are 1"x 6" brackets in the well that receive the bracket mounted on the tv. 3 screws on each side far let and right side of the tv well opening. very obscure, black bracket black screws. I'm assuming this is a front tv overhead like my 38V 2007. It should be the same.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pictures would help. I have a 36' gasser, but it's the same year, so it may be similar. If not, please distregard.

To remove the TV you have to take the padded panel off the underside of the cabinet behind the TV. The panel is held on by a wood screw at each corner covered with a plastic cap. Once the screws are out pull the panel down gently, unplug the dash fans and set the panel aside.

There is an access hole cut in the plywood just big enough to get your head and a shoulder through. Remove the nuts on the four bolts that hold the mount while someone holds the TV so it doesn't take a tumble.

When you re-install the tv, replace the @#$&* mount with one that has a release accessible from the front!
Blandry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #9

Show us a picture, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
I'm going to upgrade to a different front TV from the stock 29" Samsung. I can't figure out how to pull the Samsung out. I had hoped it was mounted on an arm and would pull out but it seems pretty solid. Can't see any way to remove the wood panel around it.

How do you remove it? Any vids, links, suggestions ??
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #10

The brochure for my Providence states the front TV is a 29" but when I measured the one presently in there it's a 31.5
Maybe it's a replacement as the opening is a little rough. Not as clean and smooth as I'd expect if it was done at the factory.
Tried to take some photos but the TV just doesn't move enough for the camera to show what's behind the TV/wood frame gap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190914_134451760.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	260385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190914_134723577_HDR.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	260386  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190914_134747114.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	260387  
Old 10-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #11

I don't know if this will help. I have a 2008 Southwind. Under the tv I have a horizontal wood panel with 4 screws that I have to remove to get access to the back of the tv.
arnold931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #12

I'm pretty sure blandry29 is correct in the need to take the bottom panel, fans, motorized sun screen down and I'll have access to the back where there is likely four screws holding it in place.

I've been so busy buying and repair stuff on it and then getting the house ready for winter I won't even get around to this until next spring or summer. Still want to get up on the roof and pull the #2 AC cover off and get to the coil. I replaced the inside air filter that was just nasty and could see the evaporator was fairly plugged with crud.
Appreciate all the help.