Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Hydraulic Generator Slide Won't Open

Sigh...............another day another issue.

Generator slide won't open. Push the switch for "OUT"and just hear a clicking sound from the pump area for just a few seconds then stops. Push switch for "IN", same thing................few seconds and stops.

Sounds similar to a car starter solenoid that's bad...................

Any suggestions? EVERY day something else not working on this coach. Front slide worked last time I tried it about 3 weeks ago.

Getting to be no fun anymore................

Please advise sugggestions and recommendations......................short of selling the thing.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #2

WOW. I was just getting ready to post the exact same issue I have going on with my 2002 Eagle. Just clicking, no movement. This has happened before but usually the next day the slide will work fine. Perhaps the Hydraulic pump failing?
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #3

Just found this:

“Since your's is hydraulic, i will let you know of a common problem with the ones in the American Coach line. If you hear the generator slide hydraulic motor running there is likely air in the hydraulic line. On our coach, I simply loosen a fitting towards the front of the generator hydraulic jack until a couple of spoonfuls of fluid drips out.

Tighten it back and that usually fixes the problem.

Of course, check the hydraulic fluid level first. Ours is in the bay under the drivers seat accessed thru an outside door. The motor is right there with the reservoir. “

Found this too in the same thread:

“I had a similar problem when I went to open or close the slide and the switch would activate the pump but the slide wouldn't move. It turned out to be a really dirty Lockout Valve assembly. I had a shop remove the Lockout Valve and disassemble completely to have it cleaned. I also had them flush the entire system, hydraulic lines, ram, everything with fresh fluid. Then reassemble and fill with new fresh fluid.

I have never had one hiccup with the slide since then. Every time I push that switch the slide moves.

Now if you have some hydraulic room slides, then your hydraulic system may be different with many other components.”

I will go work on mine later today. If you make any progress with yours, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 05-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #4

My pump motor shakes and rattles like it is coming apart........for just a few seconds then it totally stops. Doesn't matter which direction either.

FYI the part number replacement from REV Group is 533460. The 476274 assembly is no longer produced. They stated the pump motor itself is not available. 7-10 day lead time..........it must be manufactured from an aftermarket supplier.

Grab you wallet.......................its pricey.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #5

Just wondering how much the "flush" cost...............
Old 05-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tried loosening the front hydraulic ram fitting described above. Slide is opening........noisy and rough as all get out, but its working. Now to figure out how to clean and flush the lines.

Have to get the hydraulic schematic showing where the 4 hydraulic lines go.

Any idea where the lockout valve assembly is....or what it looks like.

Gotta LOVE this website
Old 05-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer23 View Post
YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tried loosening the front hydraulic ram fitting described above. Slide is opening........noisy and rough as all get out, but its working. Now to figure out how to clean and flush the lines.

Have to get the hydraulic schematic showing where the 4 hydraulic lines go.

Any idea where the lockout valve assembly is....or what it looks like.

Gotta LOVE this website

Nice. I have no idea about the lock out. dr4film was the person who posted about the lock out. He hasnt posted in a year but you might try reaching out to him
Old 05-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #8

Same here. Loosened the fitting. The oil was obviously under pressure as about a teaspoon or so shot out. Tightened it back up and the slide work perfectly.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:41 AM   #9

My slide goes out ok but it rather jerky closing and the pump sounds like its laboring especially the final 1/3 of the way closed.

Cleaned out the reservoir breather too...........clogged a little.

I'll bleed it several more times.

Tags
generator, hydraulic, slide