Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #1

Hydro flame furnace not blowing out of all ducts

I ran the heater in my mh for the first time today. The RVP thermostat in the front of the mh (That also runs my cold A/C) got the heat blowing out of the front two floor vents (by floor vents I mean mounted low on the walls as opposed to ceiling vents) right away. However, there are several other floor vents in the rear of the mh and in the water/dump valve bay that were not blowing at all. I also have the hydroflame little thermostat in the rear (master bedroom) that I'm not sure what it does. Tried playing with it, adjusting the little volume switch at the bottom etc. nothing. The switch on top also is in a fixed "off" position that appears to be permanently set with a plastic pin/nub/thingy. That little thermostat seems to do nothing, but since I bought the mh brand new, it's gotta have a purpose. I just want to know how to get heat to blow out of my other vents, especially the "wet" bay with winter coming. Thanks
2013 Fleetwood Storm 32BH, cheap handling fix, 5-Star tuned, custom cut Tempurpedic mattress, LED'd out, and custom mounted dog kennel. 14' JKU Willys Wheeler toad, SMI Stay-n-Play brakes, Demco Commander tow bar, Roadmaster brackets
nomad10th is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #2

Here are a few pics of the thermostats.. RVP: runs cold a/c and furnace. Hydro flame thermostat: ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3634187288.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	47712   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-453670581.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	47713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1093115791.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	47714  
2013 Fleetwood Storm 32BH, cheap handling fix, 5-Star tuned, custom cut Tempurpedic mattress, LED'd out, and custom mounted dog kennel. 14' JKU Willys Wheeler toad, SMI Stay-n-Play brakes, Demco Commander tow bar, Roadmaster brackets
Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #3

It's strange that you have heat on the RVP thermostat as well as an Atwood control. Turn that little thumb switch "on" on the Atwood and jack the temp setting up and see what comes on. When using heat on the RVP do you hear the furnace running? There may be a heat strip in your roof unit and that's what the heat setting on the RVP is and the Atwood thermostat controls your actual gas furnace.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like you have two furnaces and you only selecting the front one?
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #5

Yes, i do have two furnaces looking at the outside of the mh, but the front one is the only one that runs and that is controlled by the rvp thermostat. It appears the hydro flame thermostat in the rear should run the rear furnace, i just cant switch it off of the "off" position. I dont want to pull too hard and break it though as there is a plastic nub holding it in the off position. Thanks for the responses. I will figure this out one way or another.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #6

Pull HARD! Those little on/off switches are miserable. You won't break it.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
You have a new coach. Call Fleetwood Customer Relations tomorrow AM. They will talk you through it. Keep us posted, please!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #8

Wow! Wouldn't ya know!!? I took the cover off and slightly loosened the screw that connects the "off" switch to a metal bracket/switch. Bingo! Flipped that badboy on, nothing. Tried again after running the stove, and it now works! (Read to do that on some other post). Checked my wetbay to make sure its heating that too and it is. Sometimes the problem is less complicated than you initially think.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #9

Nice work!!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad10th View Post
Wow! Wouldn't ya know!!? I took the cover off and slightly loosened the screw that connects the "off" switch to a metal bracket/switch. Bingo! Flipped that badboy on, nothing. Tried again after running the stove, and it now works! (Read to do that on some other post). Checked my wetbay to make sure its heating that too and it is. Sometimes the problem is less complicated than you initially think.
Nice looking coach, glad you solved your issue. Our coach has one heater and it will cook us out of there if we let it.