Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2014, 02:52 AM   #1

I can see clearly with new wipers

Hi everyone as some of you may have already read I'm driving a 33' 1993 Pace Arrow to PDX from the Baja area for my neighbor and I may be purchasing it when I get back. What I need to know is what the length of wiper blades or model number is so I can pack a pair in my luggage when I fly down. It's going to be a 1200 plus trip. I've looked everywhere except on a Pace Arrow. This unit has been sitting for just over a year and a half. 2 new deep cycle batteries will be on site when I arrive I'm hoping that the fuel in the tank is still good or at least till I get some dryer or injector cleaner anything to break up any possible moisture. My neighbor says his dad usually kept it full. Hey I fill pretty good about getting her all checked out for a little road trip back to Oregon. Guest I'll have to check my luggage I taking a few tools and test equipment.
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Hi Guestpacer,

One source for them is RVupgrades.com. Others have purchased them at Wally world and then drilled out the rivet.

I'm assuming your blades are like mine in that they bolt through the wiper arm.

Here's a link for the TRU Vision TV6-26 26" Heavy Duty Wiper Blade that fit your '93 pace arrow.

RVupgrade also has a fitment guide for wiper blades located here.
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

Thanks Mr. Dave, as I see the Fleetwood 93 pace arrow takes a 26' blade both sides. What does throw me off a little is why you need to drill for a replacement blade! Noted I haven't seen the ones on the MH but, unless you have to replace the whole arm or do modification on the assembly to except a replacement. There should be a release tab or catch. Once again I haven't seen the setup yet. I'm just the driver for now. Thanks
Old 12-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey GuestPacer,

On the wiper and my comment about drilling, many motorhomes have heavy duty/commercial type wiper motor/arms.

These wiper arms don't have the j hook that most cars use. They use a bolt through design so the arm where the blade connects to looks like a small U channel. Blade fits inside the U channel and then a small bolt connects the blade and U channel together.

Our motorhome is a 2003 Revolution 40C and has the connection that I described above.

Tried to find a picture but couldn't find what I wanted so hope that makes sense.

Dave
Old 12-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #5

I have a 1993 37' Pace Arrow Diesel pusher for sale! 10MPG towing my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee! LOL

Back to topic;
It uses the nut/bolt attachment Just like Mr. Dave posted above. Not going to find them at your Autozone type shops. I know that camping Worlds have then on display. Measure the blades & check the type of connector from arm to blade!

I just upgraded from my 93 Pace to an 07 Discovery full slide & both use the nut/bolt attachment.

Good luck! Be safe and keep us posted!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #6

Thanks everyone. I have a few days (2) before I leave I'll check at Nape and in the mean time I'll see if I can get a visual. Goodyear list a set I'll give there CS a call. will keep you posted
Old 12-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your welcome. On Napa, I went there and was surprised at the cost. Right around $100 for 2 blades! Hence my search for more affordable ones.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Your welcome. On Napa, I went there and was surprised at the cost. Right around $100 for 2 blades! Hence my search for more affordable ones.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I "believe I saw 26" blades for about 25/blade at C.W.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just buy mine at O Reilly cheapest ones they have. Just clip the plastic thing that regular arm attach to, fit perfect. If your are working over dirt or gravel put something down on the ground so you don't loose the small nut if you drop it. Ask me how I know.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to Denso's web site and download the RV wiper catalog. The drawing for the Pace Arrow is on pg 32 you can see how the blade is attached to the arm.

Windshield Washers | DENSO Heavy Duty
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #11

chboone thanks for turning me in the right direction, all of you have given me direction. I'm asking questions that I normally could figure out if I could touch it. But that’s water under the bridge. the layout of the wiper system is helpful what I see is a piece of metal that the bolt goes threw and the wiper goes on the far side of it and I'd say that there's another piece of metal on the far side making the wiper blade have to fit between them and then the nut. My neighbor has an active commercial account with Napa I'll see what his cost is. It is his MH for a little while longer I do see what you mean chboone any wiper the correct width would work narrower is fine also with a little shimming.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If your washer spray nozzles are mounted like mine, I think they are I unclip them so it's easier to access the nut. They don't show a good picture of the nozzle. You'll figure it out when you see it.

Chuck