Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hear a spring noise when walking on the slide

On my galley slide, I slid it out last Friday and indeed the last couple of times I've had it out (parked at the house) when I replaced the LP detector, and then another time, when I was Liquid Golding the woodwork, and last Friday I and the babies went out to the coach and stayed there for a few hours while the sticks and bricks carpet was drying, I hear a spring sound when I walked across the galley slide around the kitchen area.

I've heard this "spring" sound (like a spring tensioning back a little) the past several times. The coach hasn't been out since Christmas so it's all been while parked at home base, but still, what would be causing that spring noise?

Its like a spring being pulled and making an internal adjustment....I don't know how to describe it, not a broken spring, but like as if you hit a spring with a hammer and it were under a lot of tension, you would hear kind of a noise...that's it.....

What is causing that? Should I be concerned?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2
On my galley slide, I slid it out last Friday and indeed the last couple of times I've had it out (parked at the house) when I replaced the LP detector, and then another time, when I was Liquid Golding the woodwork, and last Friday I and the babies went out to the coach and stayed there for a few hours while the sticks and bricks carpet was drying, I hear a spring sound when I walked across the galley slide around the kitchen area.

I've heard this "spring" sound (like a spring tensioning back a little) the past several times. The coach hasn't been out since Christmas so it's all been while parked at home base, but still, what would be causing that spring noise?

Its like a spring being pulled and making an internal adjustment....I don't know how to describe it, not a broken spring, but like as if you hit a spring with a hammer and it were under a lot of tension, you would hear kind of a noise...that's it.....

What is causing that? Should I be concerned?
Hey Kent. Do you drink alot. LOL

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Hey Kent. Do you drink alot. LOL
Not enough, evidently!!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you might need another pair of ears/eyes to help you find out what's causing your mystery noise! Someone to walk across the area and someone to try to see the slide mechanism.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Sounds like you might need another pair of ears/eyes to help you find out what's causing your mystery noise! Someone to walk across the area and someone to try to see the slide mechanism.
You're so much more practical. I still think that booze makes one hear spring noise. Don't ask me how I know.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
You're so much more practical. I still think that booze makes one hear spring noise. Don't ask me how I know.
It makes me sleepy.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Kent,

I do know how to stop it.

Don't walk on the slide.

Er! Also consider loosing some lbs.

I know, I know! You really don't need answers like mine, right?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gee I hear a spring sound to (Birds singing in the bristle-cone pine trees, Dream a little...)(OK so I canged the type of tree).

Seriously, do you have the leveling jacks down or not, If not it might be the vehicle springs.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Kent,

I do know how to stop it.

Don't walk on the slide.

Er! Also consider loosing some lbs.

I know, I know! You really don't need answers like mine, right?
RIGHT? Good answers though!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Gee I hear a spring sound to (Birds singing in the bristle-cone pine trees, Dream a little...)(OK so I canged the type of tree).

Seriously, do you have the leveling jacks down or not, If not it might be the vehicle springs.
I thought for a minute that was it, but the jacks are down. I have never noticed it before, and it will probably disappear and is an intermittent thing at best anyway...

I'm taking Casper out for his oil change and inspection the first of April and we'll see why he's groaning (other than for obvious reasons of the tonnage and high lbs per square inch I put on the floor )

Tags
slide