Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #15

One can only stress the value of Rain-x in these situations! Similar things have happened twice to me. Rain-X is part of my monthly maintenance now!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
One can only stress the value of Rain-x in these situations! Similar things have happened twice to me. Rain-X is part of my monthly maintenance now!
Agreed! I did the whole windshield about two months ago, but after scraping all the bugs off at truck stops, I'm sure it's history, as evidenced by the rain.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #17

Happened to me as I was driving from AZ to CA back in the late 70's in my VW. I stopped and swung out the wiperless arm, but alas, it kept snapping down onto the windshield. Yes, I did have the perpetual arch scrape even when I sold my yellow dub at 140K miles.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

If your coach is like my 98 Eagle, you are missing the hardware to attach the wiper arm to the U-shaped channel.

It consists of a single axle bolt and a small metric nut.

Take the arm to any Ace Hardware store and you will find the axle bolt and the nut.

They are metric, the nut is either 5mm or 7mm.

Buy a handful of each and put them with your spares. Now you can buy any standard Anco blade, throw away the J-hook and drill out the rivet that the J-hook attaches to.

You are now a free man and wife, able to buy $12 Anco blades and install them at any time. Just make sure you have a drill and a variety of drill bits to work with.

No more $32 "special" wiper blades will ever be required.

Discover Speedco, find a good Allison shop and your freedom will expand in a geometric progression.

Have fun!