Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
ICC switch on 2013 discovery 40g

So we took delivery yesterday of a new 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G. In driving it home last night I enjoyed using the steering wheel "ICC" switches to blink the headlights as a courtesy to trucks wishing to pass me, or the other "ICC" lights that blink the running lights to thank those who flash me in when I overtook them.

Now...there is also an "ICC" switch on the panel to left of the driver but it appears to have no function. It had the same icon as the right side of steering wheel, so I assume that it should blink the running lights but it doesn't blink anything.

Also--when I turned off the headlights using the usual switch, it turned off he lights in the dashboard but not any of my outside lights? Those only turned off when I killed the ignition.

Those who have this coach:

(1) what is the switch on the armrest supposed to do?

(2) are my lights behaving as they should?

I looked in my manual but other than a nice graphic that identifies the names of each switch there is no explanation of function.

Thanks for any enlightenment! Pun intended.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #2

Q-1, Not , 100% sure , but I'd say the arm rest switch would be for coaches without the smart wheel ; and may not be wired in, in your unit.
Q-2, Your coach may have some kind of " Lights to house door " function like my van. If , I turn off the ignition first, the lights stay on when I turn off the light switch, for 30 > 45 secs.. When , I , turn off the lights, then the ignition , they go our right away.

BTW: Congratulations on the new rig .
Old 09-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Q-1, Not , 100% sure , but I'd say the arm rest switch would be for coaches without the smart wheel ; and may not be wired in, in your unit.
Q-2, Your coach may have some kind of " Lights to house door " function like my van. If , I turn off the ignition first, the lights stay on when I turn off the light switch, for 30 > 45 secs.. When , I , turn off the lights, then the ignition , they go our right away.

BTW: Congratulations on the new rig .
Thanks skip. You may be right about the arm rest switch not being wired, though I would have thought that they'd leave out the switch too (I do have one blank so they apparently don't leave ALL switches in place).

The headlight switch isn't doing what you suggested. It seems to NOT be able to turn off my headlights at all--they are on until I turn off the ignition (running lights and headlights).

Anyone else out there with this coach??
Old 09-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #4

Can you say, Daytime Running Lights .
Sorry forgot about them , been the law here in Canada, since Jan 1990. and I forget your not used to them down in the USA.
Should stay on till the ignition is turned off.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #5

The ICC on the panel does not work, it is wired into the steering wheel.

WW07
dubdub07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Skip- I know about daytime running lights but the weird thing is that that "feature" doesn't seem to be active until/unless I use the ICC switch a time or two. Only then do my lights all stay on until ignition kill. ALSO... daytime running lights usually involves only the headlights, right? I have everything on...headlights, all of the lights along the sides of the coach, and (I assume) tail lights.

DubDub--I hope you are correct about the side-arm switch being disabled. Maybe I can tap that switch for some other purpose then!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #7

[QUOTE=Statgeek;1720735]"feature" doesn't seem to be active until/unless I use the ICC switch a time or two. Only then do my lights all stay on until ignition kill. ALSO... daytime running lights usually involves only the headlights, right? I have everything on...headlights, all of the lights along the sides of the coach, and (I assume) tail lights.
QUOTE]

Curious, very curious.
DRL , should be headlight only.
Maybe time for a call to the Freightliner Help Line 1-800-385-4357 have your serial number handy.
Explain your situation, you may have a problem with the smart wheel control module.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, I called Fleetwood and they suggested its a switch problem. Probably should have called Freightliner? But was already on the phone w Fleetwood so what the heck.

Warranty item #2