Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 06:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Hey OP, could you post some pics of your slide mechanism opened up so those of us with similar slides can see how it works?
Would love to see the guts of it.
Thanks.
We really don't think it is the gear itself. We need to adjust our slide which I am still having a heck of a time trying to find a video on how to adjust. All the videos I find are for new RV's.

Here is a link to the photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wfzLeivipFf33A9W9
6ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 04:35 PM   #16

I think you need to look harder for a sheared pin. You say the motor is running and the shaft is turning, so the pinion gear has to be turning unless there's a sheared pin. Is it making any noise? Can you see the pinion gear? If it's turning but missing teeth, or has worn down teeth, there will be a clunking of the worn-down teeth on the rack gear as the shaft turns. If the rack gear is missing teeth right where it sets on the pinion gear, then the rack gear will have to be cut off of the slide arm and a new one welded on.
From what little information you have provided, I would look for a sheared pin. It's very unlikely the gear is worn down because in moving the slide about 20", it just doesn't have enough run time to ever wear it down.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
I think you need to look harder for a sheared pin. You say the motor is running and the shaft is turning, so the pinion gear has to be turning unless there's a sheared pin. Is it making any noise? Can you see the pinion gear? If it's turning but missing teeth, or has worn down teeth, there will be a clunking of the worn-down teeth on the rack gear as the shaft turns. If the rack gear is missing teeth right where it sets on the pinion gear, then the rack gear will have to be cut off of the slide arm and a new one welded on.
From what little information you have provided, I would look for a sheared pin. It's very unlikely the gear is worn down because in moving the slide about 20", it just doesn't have enough run time to ever wear it down.
Thank you for the response. DH doesn't believe it's the pin but is willing to check again. Our main thing right now is how to align the slide. I have searched videos and we can't find anything explaining how to do this!
6ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ofus View Post
Thank you for the response. DH doesn't believe it's the pin but is willing to check again. Our main thing right now is how to align the slide. I have searched videos and we can't find anything explaining how to do this!

Haven’t tried it but you release motor brake and manually adjust motor to bring in or out to align then lock brake.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:39 AM   #19

You say you need to align the slide. What’s out of alignment about the slide? I don’t know the details of how your coach is built and I can’t see the slide, so I need more details about what’s out of alignment.
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:40 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ofus View Post
I responded to the other thread you started about adjustment...but I don't think that will be your problem. Agree with Alank that it does sound like a shear pin issue. I would also doubt the spur gear is worn to the point it doesn't engage. I could have a broken tooth or so causing it not to grab the rack.

I would try moving the slide manual by pushing it and see if there is restriction while possibly observing the drive gear.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #21

Try RV Dr George in Sacramento as they may have the used oarts
rpracing is offline   Reply With Quote