Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
APH

Inaccessible water leak

I have a water leak between the floor of the coach, and the undercarriage. The space is about 8 inches and this is where the black and gray water tanks sit. They run side to side between these two floors. I can see the two water lines that run from the driver's side, across to the passenger side where they service the kitchen sink. They run above the tanks, under the floor. I can access under the kitchen cabinets and see where these two line come up through the floor. That area is dry. My best guess is that it is the cold water line at the elbow where it turns up throughout the floor. My question is access. Even if I could remove the tanks, which can be done through the driver's side access, I couldn't get to the other side through that opening, where the water lines turn up through the floor. Any suggestions? Am I missing some way to access this area?
APH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by APH View Post
I have a water leak between the floor of the coach, and the undercarriage. The space is about 8 inches and this is where the black and gray water tanks sit. They run side to side between these two floors. I can see the two water lines that run from the driver's side, across to the passenger side where they service the kitchen sink. They run above the tanks, under the floor. I can access under the kitchen cabinets and see where these two line come up through the floor. That area is dry. My best guess is that it is the cold water line at the elbow where it turns up throughout the floor. My question is access. Even if I could remove the tanks, which can be done through the driver's side access, I couldn't get to the other side through that opening, where the water lines turn up through the floor. Any suggestions? Am I missing some way to access this area?
not being ugly - but do you not think giving manufacturer/year/model etc - would make it more likely you would get a useful reply ?

- just saying

Stephen
stephen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi and welcome to iRV2! Yup the model and year would help us to make recommendations.

pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen44

not being ugly - but do you not think giving manufacturer/year/model etc - would make it more likely you would get a useful reply ?

- just saying

Stephen
Not being ugly but you don't have your info in your signature or profile so I hope you take your own advice and the op does have his info in his profile. It's a 28' Bounder. Now , can you assist him?

To the OP , welcome to IRV 2. Hopefully someone will be along to assist you.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Not being ugly but you don't have your info in your signature or profile so I hope you take your own advice and the op does have his info in his profile. It's a 28' Bounder. Now , can you assist him?

To the OP , welcome to IRV 2. Hopefully someone will be along to assist you.
not wanting to get into a flaming war - if I had asked a question then the relevant details would have been in the question text - it does not need to be any where else - so yes - I do take my own advice !

back to the OP - it might be worth trying to isolate exactly where the water is coming from. Let the area dry either totally or enough that you can see if it gets wetter.
Then try running individual circuits one by one to see if you can isolate the one that causes the water leak. Cold first - the hot.

I can't see the plumbing - but if relevant - maybe city water vs tanked water.
Try running different faucets in the coach to see if that changes things.
If you suspect the black tank - try putting a water hose down the various drains - this eliminates the pipes and tests the drains.

Remember water will drip from the lowest point - so directly above the wet patch is not necessarily where the leak is.- I tie newspaper around joints etc - and can then tell what is/is not getting wet - don't let condensation fool you though on the cold water pipes.

Normally - once you know where the leak is - the access becomes easier to spot - whether from underneath - or by cutting access panels in cupboards etc. I guess dropping the tanks maybe the only option. Again if you are certain of the origin - the manufacturer/dealer may be able to tell you the access point.

Hope this helps - and sorry we got off topic !

Stephen
stephen44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water