Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 07:35 PM   #1

Indentations in flooring from slide rollers.

After about 13 months we have noticed indentations in the tile flooring from the slide rollers where they would be when the slide is retracted. I called Fleetwood Customer service and women I talked to did not seem to really care at all and she told me, "Yeah I have seen marks but without pictures I can't do anything". Then I ask if this would be considered a structural issue since we are out of the 12-month bumper to bumper warranty. Her answer, NO.

So, is this a normal thing with Fleetwoods? Is this a normal thing with RVs with slides?

Thanks for any replies.
ChadBounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 07:47 PM   #2

If the tile is porcelain the answer is no thatís not normal ! If itís vinyl the answer is yes itís normal !
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #3

Yep. They gave me pads to put down when the slide is in. It resolved my problem and they also replaced the tiles with the indentations. Mine is a '16
Old 07-29-2022, 11:32 AM   #4

Thanks for the information. At least I know I don't have a issue other than protecting the flooring.

Really appreciate it.
ChadBounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dealer replaced the damaged Tarkett floor tiles as well as the rollers with a softer (?) style on Fleetwood's dime.

But it was in the warranted period. Not suprised that they laughed at you at 367 days since purchase.

Tags
floor, flooring, slide