Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #1

Installing Washer Dryer in 1999 Discovery 36T

I bought a 1999 Discovery 36T about six months ago. It does not have washer dryer installed but it is plumbed etc for one.

I just got a fantastic deal on a used Slendide 802M. I am looking for advice from someone who has either installed one from scratch or replaced one in their Discovery.

I once replaced a refrigerator in my previous motor home which became a nightmare including taking off the door. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. LOL

I think the washer will come through the door(s) and down the coach without too much trouble but the 'room' with the toilet is pretty tight.

I am also concerned with cabinet. The opening seems to be about an inch too short around 31-32 inches in height while the washer is a tad over 33 inches. I presumed that there was some type of standard size and I did not measure before I bought.

So bottom line if you installed one how? Remove the counter top until the unit is place? Have to remove the potty first to get clearance?

Any DIY tips from someone who has been there? I don't want to end up here again.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
dangme55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
We've had our Splendid in and out for work. I'm not sure if the our MH floor plans are the same, but there is access to the top and back of the machine from the cabinet inside the toilet room. The machine should slide right into the cabinet that it's plumbed for. Ours is an 01' machine which is supposed to be a little bigger than the newer Splendid's. We use our machine all the time and the DW wouldn't be without it. Good luck on the installation.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangme55 View Post
I bought a 1999 Discovery 36T about six months ago. It does not have washer dryer installed but it is plumbed etc for one.

I just got a fantastic deal on a used Slendide 802M. I am looking for advice from someone who has either installed one from scratch or replaced one in their Discovery.

I once replaced a refrigerator in my previous motor home which became a nightmare including taking off the door. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. LOL

I think the washer will come through the door(s) and down the coach without too much trouble but the 'room' with the toilet is pretty tight.

I am also concerned with cabinet. The opening seems to be about an inch too short around 31-32 inches in height while the washer is a tad over 33 inches. I presumed that there was some type of standard size and I did not measure before I bought.

So bottom line if you installed one how? Remove the counter top until the unit is place? Have to remove the potty first to get clearance?

Any DIY tips from someone who has been there? I don't want to end up here again.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Jim I have a 99 discovery 36 also. has the splendide 2000. All I can say is that to work on mine the cabinet top must be removed. So I know it will be a tight fit. Not sure about the toilet. Good luck, Gary in Fl. Ps. I want to add a power chip to my Cummins 275hp. do you know anything about those performance chips? They say they add 15% hp and 10% fuel milage?
rvfunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote