Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2017, 06:45 AM   #1

Interior lights

Hi everyone. Im brand new to Rving and just picked up a 2017 Bounder 35k yesterday. I cant find the answer in the owners manual so figured id ask here. The lights in the living room slide out, is it normal for them to come on when you open the door to the rv? Also there is no button to turn them off when you turn front ceiling lights off they stay on. The only way ive found to turn them off is with the all light switch. Just wondering if this is normal. It would be great if every Rv came perfect from the factory lol. Then i wouldnt worry if this is normal or not. Just wondered if you had someone sleeping up front and open the door the lights would wake them up. I know minor. Just wondering. LOve this RV stuff so far though day one camping in the books. Didnt even scratch it driving it.
flyburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Congratualtions on your new Bounder. I was looking at some interior pictures of it on the Fleetwood web site, and it looks like a real beauty!

I don't have a Bounder, but I do have a 2017 coach, made by the same company, with the Firefly lighting controls. That system is new and unfortunately not well documented in the owner's manual. I noticed that you have eight lights on that slide - 4 above the cabinets and another 4 below. I imagine that only a couple of them come on when you open the door. That is intentional and meant to give you some light when entering the coach at night without having to immediately fumble for light switches. The lights should time-out on their own, and go out after a minute or two of opening the door.

As for controlling those lights, again I'm not familiar with your specific coach, so sorry I cannot tell you where to find a button that may control those lights. It is possible that those lights may serve a "double function" and be also controlled by a button somewhere in the coach, or even a conventional switch. You'll have to do some "experimenting" to see what buttons control what lights. Those lights in the slide will likely not be controlled by the same buttons that control the overhead lights in the ceiling.

Part of the "fun" of owning a brand new coach is figuring out idiosyncrasies like this. Enjoy!

________
PS... In your coach, what I was referring to above as the "Flirefly" system may be part of the IllumaPlex system that is in the new Bounder. In any event, the lighting system you have is new and was introduced either this year, or perhaps in 2016.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #3

My wife figured it out there are switches up by the lights.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sometimes those wives are mighty handy creatures.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #5

Yep. But she couldn't figure out how to turn on outside light on left side of rv. Well I can't either. It would be Fl great if the. Users manuall had this stuff in it
Old 02-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyburch View Post
Yep. But she couldn't figure out how to turn on outside light on left side of rv. Well I can't either. It would be Fl great if the. Users manuall had this stuff in it
That light is called the utility light and is on the front dash to the right of the steering wheel on a 2016. I would bet it's the same place on yours.

Have fun finding all the undocumented stuff.
Bshevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #7

I found that thanks it did turn on light in the bay where water connections are but didn't turn that light on
Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
...It would be Fl great if the. Users manuall had this stuff in it
Where would be the fun in that?

In my coach, the switch marked "Utility" turns on a light above the radiator where the oil and transmission dip sticks are. Guess REV has a bunch of those switches and uses them for different "utility" purposes.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 AM   #9

Same issue

Quote:
My wife figured it out there are switches up by the lights.
Where is this switch? Same issue and would like to have the option to turn it off so it doesn't wake up our kids if we need to open the door.
Themrsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 AM   #10

up by the lights themselves
Old 03-31-2017, 06:31 AM   #11

Boy this is confusing for someone reading the thread.
Yes, the lights on the ceiling in the front part of the coach come on when you open the door.
The lights under the cabinet (and the sconce) are not on the Illumiplex switches and can be manually turned on and off via a toggle switch under the cabinet (the sconce has a switch on the sconce itself). One for the 2 in the dinette area and another controls the lights in the LR area above the couch.
The outside large light on the drivers side high above the wet bay/generator is the utility light and can be turned on and off on the dash switch marked as Utility Light.
Hope that clears it up foo those unsure.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #12

Thank you computerguy! I went into our 2017 35k and looked for switches near lights and on sconces. I can turn off the lights over the LR and Dinette and I can even dim them. However, I still cannot figure out how to make it so that the LR lights do not come on automatically when I open the door or screen door. If I have them dimmed or turn the lights off, I don't want them to come on at full blast when I open the door. Any ideas?
Themrsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I'm only guessing here, but my guess would be that the only way to disable the "entry light"feature would be to disconnect the wires going to the magnetic sensor in the door jam ...or possibly to put a small toggle switch on that wire which would give you the choice of turning the feature on or off.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:38 AM   #14
KDC

Anyone found a solution for the lights?

This is an issue for us as my husband is an early riser who likes to take his coffee outside to drink. We are talking 5:15 am. A little too early for the grandkids who sleep up front for the lights to come on full brightness. Anyone found a way to prevent them from coming on?
KDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, light, lights