Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 05:45 AM   #1

Is it necessary to dump the bags when parked

My '07 Tradition has the Valid leveling system that uses either hydraulic jacks to level or a separate electric powered compressor to level the coach using the air bags.
I have a leak in the air leveling system such that the compressor runs every 15 minutes for about a minute to keep the bags inflated. I haven't tracked down the leak yet so I unplugged the compressor and use the hydraulic jacks.

However I'm home parked in the driveway and don't want to use the hydraulic jacks so I just turned the engine off once parked. I noticed the coach is tail high - rear of the coach is higher than the front. So I'm assuming the rear bags have more air than the front causing the rear to be higher. Should I be releasing the air in the bags when the coach is parked and not in use, and if so how do I release the air in the bags?
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
According to which hydraulic jack system you have, they often have a dump button on the leveling control panel. If not there, there may be a dump button on the dashboard.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 AM   #3

On the Valid leveling panel there is an option to manually lower or raise each individual corner of the coach, either hydraulically or with air. I suppose using the air button I could lower all corners and that would in effect dump the air bags.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
The answer is NO- You don't need to dump the Air if your parking overnight- or 1 to 2 days as long as your close to level.-- Your coach may settle - but no big deal !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
The answer is NO- You don't need to dump the Air if your parking overnight- or 1 to 2 days as long as your close to level.-- Your coach may settle - but no big deal !
Do you dump your bags when the coach sits, for a period of time, over the winter?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:30 AM   #6

Me ?
When I put it to sleep I Dump the Air - it levels and I drain the Air Tanks and leave the petcocks open, I also unplug my Fuel Solenoid. So when I do wake it up I spin the Engine over a few times till I get Good Oil Pressure, before it fires up.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:49 AM   #7
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Me ?
When I put it to sleep I Dump the Air - it levels and I drain the Air Tanks and leave the petcocks open, I also unplug my Fuel Solenoid. So when I do wake it up I spin the Engine over a few times till I get Good Oil Pressure, before it fires up.
I have not been doing that but think I will start. I have automatic drains so I cannot open the petcocks without a fair amount of work. Not sure I would anyway as I would not want bugs making a home there.

How long to you crank to get oil pressure?

This actually sounds like a good topic for a thread "what do you do before putting you Motor Home to sleep?"

Going in for dental surgery this morning. Do you think you could run over and take some pictures some time this week?

Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I have not been doing that but think I will start. I have automatic drains so I cannot open the petcocks without a fair amount of work. Not sure I would anyway as I would not want bugs making a home there.

This actually sounds like a good topic for a thread "what do you do before putting you Motor Home to sleep?"

Going in for dental surgery this morning. Do you think you could run over and take some pictures some time this week?

Thanks
Spin the Engine over usually 2 to 3 10 second burst and pressure pops right to to 70 lbs.
Heading to Al's this PM- Good luck at the Dentist!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #9
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Spin the Engine over usually 2 to 3 10 second burst and pressure pops right to to 70 lbs.
Heading to Al's this PM- Good luck at the Dentist!
Once the engine is warm what does the oil pressure fall to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post

Thanks
This is the last set of pictures taken, Chuck, please take at least 20 from all angles close up and overall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	177878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	177879  

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	177880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	177881  

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	177882  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #10

My Engine fully warmed up after driving Idles @ 15lbs and on the road is at 60 lbs- 1800 rpm's
Old 09-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #11
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
My Engine fully warmed up after driving Idles @ 15lbs and on the road is at 60 lbs- 1800 rpm's
When fully warmer up I get just over 40 PSI.

I used to worry that that was too low, but the manual says it is ok
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oil pressure.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	177896  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]