Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #1

Is there a way to calibrate the auto leveler?

Is there a way to calibrate the auto leveler on my Bounder? It works but it is never level. I have tried to manually adjust it and I just get it all out of wack. It seems like there should be a way to do this but there is nothing about it in the paperwork for it.
jmk909er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
What's the make and model. Our Lippert model is easily calibrated. You do have to find a level spot and use the levelers to manually level it then just push two buttons and it will calibrate the level sensors. Just google your make an model and I'm sure it will tell you how to calibrate it.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #3

Hey I found it online! Your a genius!
jmk909er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #4

If you have a smart phone, I use the app Army Knife for Android which has a bubble level function. Just lay the phone on a flat surface such as the counter and move the level legs until the bubble is in the middle. Then you can set that as the "auto" position.
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #5

With my old gasser I got into the habit of always using manual mode to get to level lower than auto did ... Do most of y'all use auto mode?
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
We first began with the auto mode but didn't like it. Yes it leveled to high. For the next year I did it all manually. Then on a whim I tried the auto and it was better. Maybe the system has the ability to learn but I'm not sure.

My guess is if it's close to level the auto will work OK. Not so good if it requires a lot of leveling.

Leveling should be a one person job. Hoping that your spouse can direct the other spouse with a bubble somewhere in the RV is not going to go well. The absolute easiest thing to do is find fairly level parking lot. Use the manual mode and a 4' level to really get it dead on level.

With two small stick on levels set in the drivers seat and put one next to the drivers on the side wall below the window for front to back level and one on the dash for side to side level.

If those levels are dead on and the RV is really level you're good to go. The next time you pull in to any camp sight you the drive can jockey the RV and know at a glance where the absolute best front to back and side to side area is located. Then finish with an auto or manual level to keep it steady.

It won't get any easier than that.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs80 View Post
With my old gasser I got into the habit of always using manual mode to get to level lower than auto did ... Do most of y'all use auto mode?
I always use manual even though I've calibrated the auto level. It's faster and more accurate doing it manually.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote